Dallas area suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharaoh

Reaction score
So the wife & I will be in Dallas this weekend. Can anyone recommend a good brewery/brew pub to visit? We'll be mainly in the Euless area if that helps narrow it down a bit.

Martin House is right down 121 from Euless. Open Sunday. Panther Island is right outside Downtown FW, open Friday night and Sunday. Useless is closer to Ft worth, and were nicer over here.

Martin House is right down 121 from Euless. Open Sunday. Panther Island is right outside Downtown FW, open Friday night and Sunday. Useless is closer to Ft worth, and were nicer over here.

Never been to Euless, so no idea what it's like. We're visiting my wife's uncle down there who refers to it as "fab-Euless". Actually, my only experience in Dallas was about 6 hours long on a business trip where we visited a vendor down there & immediately came back (the joys of working for someone with a jet).

Never been to Euless, so no idea what it's like. We're visiting my wife's uncle down there who refers to it as "fab-Euless". Actually, my only experience in Dallas was about 6 hours long on a business trip where we visited a vendor down there & immediately came back (the joys of working for someone with a jet).

"fab-Euless" that is hysterical. Yeah this area is called HEB Hurt, Euless, Bedford area, which if I recall its closer to Fort Worth than Dallas. Either way most people who visit tend to go to the Fort Worth Stock Yards as well.

Lakewood is a concise tour with good beer. Have a Rock Ryder and a Temptress.

I've not been to Four Corners, yet, but their Local Buzz is fantastic.

If you do make it out to Fort Worth you should check out The Collective Brewing Project. They have some good stuff on right now.

http://www.collectivebrew.com/

Peticolas, in Dallas Design District would be my go to but they only tour on the 1st and 3rd Saturday. You could always do a lot down there considering, Peticolas, Community, Four Corners, and Texas Ale Works are all about 5 miles apart. Not to mention tons of food options in Trinity Groves.

My favorite DFW breweries in order Peticolas, Community, Lakewood, Martin House.

Meddlesome moth is great spot, and my favorite bar is probably Strangeways. Braindead Brewing is a relatively new brew pub, food is great but I haven't had much of their beer yet. I *think* they only recently have been allowed to start serving their own brews.

http://www.beerinbigd.com/p/north-texas-craft-beer-events.html

DFW is the airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Nobody lives there.

Dallas and Fort Worth are distinctly separate. Basically DFW is the dividing line. If you get it wrong, you will offend the local sensibility.

In the Fort Worth area, I recommend Rabbit Hole(Justin) and Shannon (Keller) Breweries. Downtown, T&P Tavern has good food and thirty taps, about half are Texas beers.

In Dallas, I like Four Corners and Texas Ale Project. LUCK has fabulous food and $5 draft, mostly Texas beers.

Yeah here's a suggestion drive north to colorado! Sorry I couldn't resist really i couldn't

Unfortunately we didn't have much time to peel off to visit anywhere suggested.

We did make it to Grapevine while looking for lunch, stopped for some wine to my wife's delight. Also went to a La Hacienda Ranch for dinner. And the only activity we really did was a trip to the book depository in Dallas, that was very interesting. Other than that didnt do too awful much. Luckily our hotel bar had all beers made within 25 miles on draft. Enjoyed a Deep Ellum IPA, a Velvet Hammer from Peticolas, and some blonde ale that was so/so (not sure where it came from).

We're already planning to make a return trip for more than just a weekend.

What did you think of the hammer?

This the blond ale you had?

dallas_blonde.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Deep Ellum Blonde. But anything Peticolas is worth a try- especially the Hammer.

Next time you get down to Texas, get you some Lakewood Temptress though. Trust me on this.

I'm not a big fan of Deep Ellum Blonde. But anything Peticolas is worth a try- especially the Hammer.

Next time you get down to Texas, get you some Lakewood Temptress though. Trust me on this.

If we're going "RIS made jn Dallas" I actually prefer Legion. Might be just me.

What did you think of the hammer?

This the blond ale you had?

I enjoyed the hammer, pretty tasty but also a bit potent for my tastes anymore. The blonde no idea, the person working that night was anything except knowledgeable and I couldn't see the tap handle from where we were sitting.

I'll keep that in mind for the next visit. It better be awesome or I'll be bitching up a storm :). In all honesty I really have had bad luck lately with any stout. The last one I really enjoyed was the Ohio City Oatmeal Stout from Great Lakes Brewing, that was the first time I could knock back a few stouts in one sitting in a long, long time.

Back