D@mn spitters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlarnold

Reaction score
So there I was cleanin up after bottleing, you all know the drill, cleaning the bucket, taking a drink, pulling some yeast out of the carboy, taking a drink, cleaning the drips of the floor, taking a drink...I know Im not alone in this, well, I sit down to read a post to one of the threads that I started tonite and reach from my beer, not really payin attention to the one of numerous bottles that litter the table and realize that the bottle that I've grabbed feels slightly different that the one that I would really like to take a sip from... although the only reason that im sipping this particular brew is because in my current state its the only state which I can stomach the particular beer, I'm sure that many of you enjoy a milk stout but ...i cant type the proper reaction... Anyway, I grab this bottle and realize it gives a little bit more than the typical glass long neck would. Has anybody else nearly taken a drink from their tobacco spitter?

no but I've gulped down a cigarette butt once when grabbing the wrong bottle some years back. and yes, I immediately puked..
one of my employees spits into empty water bottles and I'm always finding them in the truck he drives. nasty m*********er. one of these days they're gonna end up on his car seat..

I try to keep my pop bottles capped and hidden whenever im usin them and any beer bottle in the house is a spitter if it has a screwtop, also usually hidden, but i definetly know where your comin from.

On new years eve I was drinking Sierra Nevada Porter and I had about 3 empties infront of me, one of them being my ash tray. I was putting out a smoke and put the butt in my 3/4 full porter. I just kept my lips tight together so I wouldn't suck the butt in my mouth and drank it fast so the dry hopping cigarette butt didn't have time to condition properly. I couldn't even tell it was in there.

Just wait until your bottom lip rots off, and the juice runs down your shirt. Good times.

_

Why are you drinking beer out of a bottle anyways? Almost drinking from your spit bottle is your punishment.

Came to this thread to say (in response to the thread title): "Yeah, I hate it when my girlfriend does that!"

Also, wildwest's avatar > superjunior's avatar.

Yes, I've had a few.

Cheers! :mug:

This thread reminds me of an incident that happened on a job site several years ago.
We were working in a yard - small yards in a tight neighborhood. The customer was home, the neighbors were home and I had to pee - BAD. I was all muddy and didn't want to ask the customer to use the john in the house and it wasn't practical to drive somewhere to try to find one.
The customer was in the backyard checking out our work and there really wasn't anywhere else to pee so in the front yard I saw an opportunity. I opened the door of the dump truck and stood between the door and the truck and let er rip.

So now I'm back to work and about 10 minutes later a co-worker and I were walking a couple wheel barrels to the front yard when we notice our fellow co-worker underneath the dump truck on his hands and knees. He was tapping at the liquid (as to check its consistency) and holding it up to his nose for a good whiff. He was trying to figure out what was "leaking" from the truck.

I managed to keep a strait face for about a second, maybe two. As we got up next to him my smile turned to laughter. My buddy next to me soon figured out what was unfolding in front of him and started howling. Poor dude on the ground had a look of horror in his face when he said "did one of you guys pee?!!!!"

He got up with his hands flailing out to the sides and ran for the spigot. As it was early spring the customer hadn't turned on the water to the outside spigots yet, he tried all of them and no water! So now he's wiping his hands off in the grass and cursing us up and down while we're laughing uncontrollably.

It was difficult to work the rest of the day. I still laugh every time I think about it.
Our co-worker is still "pissed" about the deal :D

Way back when I wrestled in high school a bunch of the guys would chew gum or tobacco and spit in bottles to try to lost that few extra oz swallowing spit would add. Well this one nut-job on our team would do anything for money (I bet you guys can figure out where this is going). We collected about $50 and a full 20 oz bottle of mixed tobacco/gum spit and the dude drank it. He immediately threw up as did a couple other guys watching. Every time I think about that I dry heave a little.

Ryan..

My old roommate told me a rather funny story once. Just as a background, he drinks nothing but Dr. Pepper and has a tendency to drink half a bottle and forget about it. He also uses dip.

So, long story short, he was at his sister's house and she found a half empty Dr. Pepper bottle, capped it and stuck it in the fridge for my roommate to get later. In comes her husband later that day, sees a partial Dr. Pepper in the fridge, opens it and drowns his thirst with a nice, cool beverage...

I imagine that my old roommate's brother in law doesn't drink Dr. Pepper anymore.

Latest posts

Back