Curious about Creature Comforts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You crafty bastard you. Who told you I have one? :p

I got some boxes to catch up on. Can hit you up when I'm caught up if time isn't too much of a factor
I saw that haul post from Belgium; I'm not in any hurry. I know you and RayP have been known to swap fluids, maybe you'd be interested in a 3-way:eek::oops:o_O.

DUDE. Sending PM nao. Three way with you two? Clutch.
Don't forget who popped your tart cherry lol BusinessSloth
200.gif

The next bottle release tour has been announced:

We are so excited to host our next special tour on Saturday, March 5th! We will be releasing Emergence, a beer that has been in the works for many months. Emergence is a balanced, tart blonde ale aged for over a year in wine barrels and serves as our first major foray into the world of barrel aged, funky beers.

Brewmaster, Adam Beauchamp explains, “The idea was to quickly develop some Brett character and to sop up some beautiful wine character from the French oak barrels, but the beer kept improving with time over the course of a year. After the extended aging, the brewers all sat down for a grand tasting of each barrel and decided that the time was right to make a master blend for Emergence.”

Tour packages, which will include bottles of this special beer, will be available on a first come, first serve basis and there will be a special draft list for this tour. More details to come!
They were pouring this on tap at the Curious #2/#3 tour and it was my favorite beer that day.

Is it safe to assume that the emergence tour will be sold out by mid afternoon? I wanna go if I can swing it, but the earliest I could get over there from atlanta would be about 1. I'm assuming that'll mean I'll miss bottles? Is it still worth going that day?

Is it safe to assume that the emergence tour will be sold out by mid afternoon? I wanna go if I can swing it, but the earliest I could get over there from atlanta would be about 1. I'm assuming that'll mean I'll miss bottles? Is it still worth going that day?

Last time they did a release like this was for Brettomatic. I went to the first of two days of that release, and that was probably the slowest I have ever seen CC on any day, even without an event. But I still get the vibe this one will be much busier. A lot might depend on what, and if they release what they're tapping.

As long as you don't bring Vogt52 or IllbeBOCK down with you, then us Georgians would love to have you make the trip down and join us for some beers!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PBb5q3aIe4o/U9mv72wAO4I/AAAAAAAAVa8/45nrqNQQYl0/s1600/I+see+your+problem+here...+you+forgot+to+calculate+the+****+I+don't+give.jpg

Georgia sucks anyway

BTyers ?

Based on chatter on the atlbeer subreddit, there should be a plenty of bottles to last most of the day if not multiple days. The tricky part is that currently they can only charge a single price for a tour, so I doubt that they will be offering tours with bottles to go during a weekday (assuming this tour day does not sell out of all the bottles) because they would either be giving away bottles with the regular tour price or charging a lot more for a tour and a lot of the people who come on a weekday may not want a bottle.

If I hear someone more definite/official about bottle counts, whether it will hit distro, etc., I will post to this thread.

BTyers ?

Based on chatter on the atlbeer subreddit, there should be a plenty of bottles to last most of the day if not multiple days. The tricky part is that currently they can only charge a single price for a tour, so I doubt that they will be offering tours with bottles to go during a weekday (assuming this tour day does not sell out of all the bottles) because they would either be giving away bottles with the regular tour price or charging a lot more for a tour and a lot of the people who come on a weekday may not want a bottle.

If I hear someone more definite/official about bottle counts, whether it will hit distro, etc., I will post to this thread.
Strongly interested in these kinda of details (cc/also thanks RayP). I'll be in Atlanta March 4-8, and am gonna venture to CC one day. Obviously would love to go on a tour day, but I'll take what I can get

BTyers ?

That law is so ****ed.

That law is so ****ed.
It's supposed to be getting un-re-interpreted by the department of revenue. Our guild agreed to the un-re-interpretation in exchange for not pursuing new legislation this year(it's an election year and the legislature made it clear that no new laws would be passed).

No. You already made your point on 1 forum. Don't see the point in downplaying an up and coming local brewery on multiple sites.
My bad man, I didn't realize I was only allowed to discuss beer on one website. Did I say it was a terrible beer? No, but I also don't have to love every beer made just because it's local. Beer, and taste in general, is very subjective. Kind of funny to hear someone say I'm downplaying Creature Comforts, when just months ago I was being accused of being a homer for hyping StS too much (which to this day is one of the best beers I have ever had, and put it ahead of MD which many chastised me for). Like I said, not everyone on this site frequents the other sites.

That being said- I don't agree with hyping everything just because it's local. I support local beer and do everything I can to better the scene and laws in this state, but that doesn't mean I love every beer in Georgia- simply because it is made here. That is the wrong attitude to have, IMO.

My bad man, I didn't realize I was only allowed to discuss beer on one website. Did I say it was a terrible beer? No, but I also don't have to love every beer made just because it's local. Beer, and taste in general, is very subjective. Kind of funny to hear someone say I'm downplaying Creature Comforts, when just months ago I was being accused of being a homer for hyping StS too much (which to this day is one of the best beers I have ever had, and put it ahead of MD which many chastised me for). Like I said, not everyone on this site frequents the other sites.

That being said- I don't agree with hyping everything just because it's local. I support local beer and do everything I can to better the scene and laws in this state, but that doesn't mean I love every beer in Georgia- simply because it is made here. That is the wrong attitude to have, IMO.
Never said you had to hype anything local. I personally wouldn't downplay a local brewery in multiple places. Given how shitty Terrapin has become outside of stout variants, that's not easy.

Never said you had to hype anything local. I personally wouldn't downplay a local brewery in multiple places. Given how shitty Terrapin has become outside of stout variants, that's not easy.
I never said it was a bad beer though, just that I wasn't personally impressed. Obviously I didn't hate it too much if I still plan on going. Also, many people have posted saying they absolutely loved it... different tastes for different tongues, my friend. I haven't bashed Creature Comforts, but I'm also a pretty straight up kind of person... i'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's ass just for the sake of it being a local offering. To each their own. Cheers.

Plus, I have to get bottles for equity, shits gonna be so ca$h!! can't wait to mybeercollectibles them shits

Back