Crude Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegDunlop

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this but here goes. I am in a dry area (no alcohol) and so am looking to create my own alcohol.

I have done a rough brew involving sugar, juice from concentrate and bread yeast. It was quite weak (3%?).

I have access to juice, potatoes, yeast, sugar, water and perhaps some other things if required. I have no still or anything of that nature.

It doesn't have to taste good but can anybody recommend some sort of recipe so that my friends and I can have a few drinks on the weekend?

(The stronger the alcohol content the better.)

Thanks

If you're 25 living in detroit, just go and purchase some Mad Dog 20/20. It's cheaper and easier than trying to make your own.

That is unless, as other's have pointed out, you are either in jail or underage.

And if you are in Dehoco, I'm sure there's a few folks who already make good pruno, except you might have to "grab the soap" in exchange for some. ;)

or maybe you will get sold for a pack a cigarettes to someone that does.

This site might be helpful... The Wonderful World of Prison Inventions.

Edit-Looky looky what I found.

33epst5.jpg

Alcohol Still Heating Coil

The razorblades on the end of this modified extension cord act as a heater to be used for making alcoholic beverages. Just smuggle some fruit or other fermentable food back to the cell, drop in the heating coil, and voila! you have your own moonshine/whiskey still. This gets bonus points for also doubling as a weapon if someone tries to steal the fruits of your hard labor.

Crap, I'm in East Pointe (one block across the border from Detroit) and someone's busting caps outside. Maybe it's because the booze truly is gone....

Can anyone help me? I need some advice on altering documents. I assure you this has nothing to do with the stock market, government contracts, or British Petroleum.

Hmmmmmmm, toilet bowl crude brew. Might actually taste better than BMC - any thoughts? lol

What happens if you have to pee?

Can anyone tell me how they launder the money they make from selling homebrew? I've been during this via mail order, selling primarily in Alabama for approx 5 years now. I have $100,000,000 in cash hidden in my fermentors. I need to clear that out so I can get another batch going. Thanks for the help guys.

chug_paul.jpg

I think the OP thought they where drinking prison hooch in this photo, it is clearly soda.

When I first posted, I looked at his profile, and his online light was lit. So he's seen a few of these. More than likely mommy chased him off the computer to take the garbage out.

You think underage? I would be willing to bet a pack of smokes that he is in lockup.

I've got to say I didn't know anything about what this forum is like and I'm impressed by the hilarity of the responses.

It's not prison. I'm actually teaching on a native reserve in Northern Canada, hence the dry designation.

Any help would be really appreciated. Or other funny posts are appreciated too.

I've got to say I didn't know anything about what this forum is like and I'm impressed by the hilarity of the responses.

It's not prison. I'm actually teaching on a native reserve in Northern Canada, hence the dry designation.

Any help would be really appreciated. Or other funny posts are appreciated too.

Man you had to go and ruin the fun. ;)

If you're going to be there a short time, nothing we can suggest is going to be doable. We're really about quality, not the cheap crappy buzz. If you're going to be there awhile, then make a batch of Apfelwein. But honestly even that to me tastes like a$$ until it's mellowed for a few months. I really only serve mine when it's a year old.

Can anyone tell me how they launder the money they make from selling homebrew?

I have a string of Crocs Kiosks in the local malls.
I hire young Russian Women to staff them and act as lookouts. I also have coach bags and LV iPhone cases.

Pictures with the girls are $20.00 each. :tank:

Try Jedah gin... make it strong, then freeze to slush, pour out the incohol (leaving the water behind), collect and mix with indian tonic water. It's passable...

Jeddah Gin

12 oranges
12 lemons
3kg potatoes
5kg sugar
10 litres water
1 tsp. yeast

Wash and slice fruit and vegetable leaving skins on.
Dissolve the sugar in some of the water and add to fruit.
Add remainder of water and yeast. Leave for 7 days stirring occasionally.
Leave to settle for 3 days.
Remove solids and leave 2 more days.
Rack until clear then bottle.

For greater alcohol content, try freeze distillation.

For this and more expat "gems":

http://www.hasher.net/homebrew.htm

Hey, that's siddiki isn't it? My favourite tipple when in Dubai. Don't forget to filter it through a loaf of bread first. The White stuff - mix it with tonic, or add a little cola to make it look like whiskey then you can add ginger ale.

It's a saudi ex-pat thing. You get what you can get. No alcohol on sale but, surprisingly, in some of the stores you can buy all of the ingredients to make any sort of hooch that you want.

As long as you didn't give it to the locals, the religious police usually turned a blind eye.

I remember visiting an ex-pat compound on the east coast and walking into a block of flats (apartments) to have my nose instantly assailed by that CO2 smell - everyone in the block was making wine or beer or siddiki.

It's a saudi ex-pat thing. You get what you can get. No alcohol on sale but, surprisingly, in some of the stores you can buy all of the ingredients to make any sort of hooch that you want.

As long as you didn't give it to the locals, the religious police usually turned a blind eye.

I remember visiting an ex-pat compound on the east coast and walking into a block of flats (apartments) to have my nose instantly assailed by that CO2 smell - everyone in the block was making wine or beer or siddiki.

Not too different from America during the homebrewing prohibition from the 30's til it was legalized in 1978.

Try Jedah gin... make it strong, then freeze to slush, pour out the incohol (leaving the water behind), collect and mix with indian tonic water. It's passable...

Jeddah Gin

12 oranges
12 lemons
3kg potatoes
5kg sugar
10 litres water
1 tsp. yeast

Just out of curiosity, how much do the lemons and oranges impact the actual fermentation. Do their sugars ferment even though they haven't been crushed or juiced? What if I substituted oats for part of the oranges?

The lemons and oranges are for flavor... trust me, you do not want to leave them out! =) I make it every now and again for the family, dad used to work in Saudi and used to brew... but he dont' do much of owt these days.

Anyhew, with lemons, oranges and grapefruit, a ton of sugar and some wine yeast, or even better champagne yeast this stuff is actually alright... mixed with tonic water it does taste like gin.

Jeddah Gin

12 oranges
12 lemons
3kg potatoes
5kg sugar
10 litres water
1 tsp. yeast

Just one more stupid rookie question if it's not too much of a bother.

Should the potatoes be cooked/boiled first?

Thanks

Not if you want to get a clear brew... if you boil the spuds they will turn to mush! Even if you put into a muslin bag and squeeze the crap out of it you will still lose about 1/5th of you total volume of water!

I've made it twice, the first time i just used the oldest "seed" potatoes i could find, the second time i boiled with grain to attempt a starch conversion. That second time i was attempting to negate the requirement for all that sugar, in retrospect (1% ABV yield) all the extra twatting around was just not worth it.

Find a 3kg sack of oldish potatoes, the ones with the little white sprouts and use them instead. Wash em, chop em small and chuck them in.

Just buy a brew kit on ebay or a online brew shop. They are shipped in unmarked packages... usually, and require no signature (for ebay items). You can buy the hardware at a home improvement store. Everyone's gotta start somewhere (as long as your of age)

Back