Critical Appliance Failure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10_degrees_play-doh

Reaction score
It seems the heat in my garage was a bit too much for my keezer, as sometime in the last 24 hours or so it seems to have shuffled off its copper coils, run down the drip tray and joined the choir invisible. I'd rather not replace the whole thing, as it's got a rather nice cherry "collar" affixed that would be rather difficult to remove, let alone rebuild onto another one. Does anyone here have any experience repairing refrigerators? Any likely culprits? Any chance I can repair/replace something that won't involve opening the refrigerant system?

🦜

Good info in that thread, but the compressor is not running. When I plug the keezer in, I hear a few "tic" noises for maybe 10-20 seconds, then a "pop," then nothing. The light in front stays on. I haven't pulled the motor cover off yet. I suppose it could be a low pressure interlock preventing the motor from running, but I think those usually run the motor before triggering, if refrigerators even have them...

Were you saying motor issues are the expensive ones?

Thanks, that looks at least a little promising, I'll look into it!

The real tragedy here is me trying to fill a growler with a Belgian Golden Strong carbed at 3.5 vol from a keg that's probably 20 deg warmer than it should be and nearly empty to share at a homebrew club meeting on Monday. I'm pretty sure the full contents are re-liquefied foam. :no:

Those are life savers at times. I'm trying one in hopes of saving my freezer right now. much cheaper than replacing the OEM capacitor or PTC start relay. But sometimes you can find those pretty cheap on ebay and such.

Back