Cream Ale suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer one

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to rack 10gal of cream ale to 5gal secondarys. One will have a vanilla bean and the other I don't know. Should I leave it alone or should I add something? I don't think that I want fruit but mabey a nut extract. Any suggestions?

Just try it as a cream ale without adding anything extra to it. Cream ales are a good session ale on their own without being made sweet or fruity, IMHO.:mug:

I am leaning in that direction. This beer has allways been a panty dropper. It's a great beer but still a chick beer. Mabey without the vanilla I would like it better. Thanks

A good cream ale is about as close as you (or more accurately, I) can get to a crowd pleasing BMC product. Serve it ice cold on a hot day and it will go fast. I'v got 10 gallons of Vienna/Flaked Maize cream ale planned for payment to my friends the day my wife and i move. Should make for a good time...

I vote for leaving it as is. As previously mentioned, Cream Ales are a crowd-pleaser. I am planning to do one in about a month to have for our Halloween party. I can't lager yet so that is the style I go to when I want a lager-like beer.

Leave it. I've got a cream ale on tap now, and it's going fast! My other tap is a starwberry wheat which was made due to a number of requests, yet everyone's drinking the cream ale. Go figure.
Also, Vienna/Flaked Maize cream ale sounds AWESOME!

Back