craziest fermenter ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBrewing

Reaction score
Saw this crazy looking contraption on ebay

_T2eC16NHJHgFFmEkeFL3BSG745wL9w_60_3.jpg

I'm sure there's a purpose for all the extra spouts, but I can't figure it out.

Id run it for sure. It says its 12 gallon pyrex. Awsome size, but not for the 200 bucks plus shipping its listed for.

it's a simple one vessel ferment/drink system. after fermentation is complete, you and your four closest friends all get out your long straws and enjoy your warm, flat beer.

Ill put it up after i get off work. I did look it up. Its lab equipment made by bellco glass. Didnt bother reading the purpose being i probably wouldnt understand it anyway. Ha ha.

It is a reaction flask/biological fermenter. The center port is for a mechanical stirrer. The additional ports are for the input of additional materials such as by an addition funnel, the inflow of a specific gas, a mineral oil bubbler so that it remains an open system yet under positive pressure at one atmosphere pressure, a thermocouple for maintaining a constant temperature, the ability to remove samples for analysis, a possible reflux condenser or distillation column and other functions.

I cant seem to copy the ebay link on my dumb smart phone, but go to ebay and search glass fermenter. It is the first listing that shows up for me.

It is a reaction flask/biological fermenter. The center port is for a mechanical stirrer. The additional ports are for the input of additional materials such as by an addition funnel, the inflow of a specific gas, a mineral oil bubbler so that it remains an open system yet under positive pressure at one atmosphere pressure, a thermocouple for maintaining a constant temperature, the ability to remove samples for analysis, a possible reflux condenser or distillation column and other functions.

Which port for the flux capacitor? :D

That makes sense, but the cow milker collector was cooler!

So you hook the cows up to a milking pump and milk multiple cows with it not under them. Always gotta have a smart ass in the bunch. Usually it's me. Ha ha.
ForumRunner_20130828_192309.jpg

This thread went way off topic didnt it. Funny stuff. We are making malted milk. Back to brewing beer. Time for a shopping trip for a first run amber ale im brewing this weekend. Happy brewing folks.

Back