Cranberry Mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFlint

Reaction score
I tried brewing the "Cranberry Zinger" recipe yesterday... Due to a mistake on my part I've ended up with a beer with about 28 IBU rather than the 11 IBU of the recipe. So I have a few questions, how greatly would this affect the taste if I added the relish in the recipe? I've been batting around the idea of skiping the relish and maybe dry hopping with the .5 oz of Wilamette I have left. Would this be to much flavor overload with the honey? Recommedations anyone?

Patrick

I sorta did the same thing. I didn't realize that I had hopped LME until after I'd already added my hops. I have no idea how many IBU's you get out of a can of that extract.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it, and proceed with the recipe as planned. I bet it turns out fine.

No time to brew this but am interested in everyone's end result. The wifey thought it sounded good.

Back