Cranberry cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaffer1515

Reaction score
Saw this recipe in BYO a few months back thought it would be great for the fall and holidays. Decided to scale it by 5 so i would have a full keg of it. Problem is that this looks nothing like the one gal recipe and I don't really taste the cranberry or spice much there is some.

Can anyone offer up some advice on scaling this recipe? Thought about doing a one gallon batch to see what the original recipe was to be like. Only change I made was using wyeast cider yeast because I had it in stock.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446745346.872503.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1446745362.786370.jpg

Not sure on this recipe but I've made a few cranberry ciders. They're one of my favorite variations.

I make a basic cider and back sweeten with cranberry juice. If you want a totally dry cider, add it to secondary. Using it in the primary seemed to strip out a lot of the flavor.

Not sure on this recipe but I've made a few cranberry ciders. They're one of my favorite variations.

I make a basic cider and back sweeten with cranberry juice. If you want a totally dry cider, add it to secondary. Using it in the primary seemed to strip out a lot of the flavor.

Yeah I noticed that somewhat with this, where the cranberry flavor in it really isnt strong. But considering the ration to apple juice its not hard to see why... 10:1 ratio of apple to cranberry. I'd like to try this recipe small scale to see how it turns out. Also wondering how much difference there is between steeping the spices in the juice and adding it vs just adding them all into the secondary...

Back