Apple /Cranberry Cider????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Chalkyt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Suggestions please...

I don't seem to have made enough cider this year (or I have given too much away). We are into Spring and therefore out of apple season, but I have a reliable source of preservative free apple juice and think it might be worthwhile cranking up a "different" quaffing batch.

I can get Pink Lady and Granny Smith juice. Normally with something like this, addition of some crab apples would to boost the tannin and flavour would be a good idea but of course there aren't any around.

I have noticed a few references to cranberry or pomegranate additions to cider and thought that cranberry might be a good addition. There is an Australian Cider made by Mercury in Tasmania which is sold as Apple/Cranberry and which gets very good reviews.

So, any recommendations, recipes suggestions for additions to the AJ etc will be welcome.

CKuhns

Everything learned in Kindergarten still applies!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have done a number of apple juice and other juice or fruit combinations. 3 gallons apple juice and 2 cranberry juice turned out pretty darned good. Tart but not overpowering.

Ferment and ballance the acid as you would your traditional cider.