Craigslist Protip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apologeticus

Reaction score
Craigslist offers RSS feeds on their searches. This means you can run a search for whatever you're looking for, then click the RSS link at the bottom of the page.

20100112-fx876kie717t148meimag1q7r9.jpg

You'll then have the option to subscribe to the feed in whatever feed reader you like. I use Google Reader. This way you can be notified whenever someone posts something you're looking for w/out having to go run the search everyday at Craigslist.

e.g. - I have searches running on keywords "kegerator" "homebrew" "home brew" "freezer" etc. Subscribe to as many searches as you like, then just keep an eye on your Google Reader periodically to see what pops up!

20100112-bp8r71ttbrrau55n1sia2cuebe.jpg

I've got you all beat.
I have a Google Android phone. One of the apps is "CraigsAlert". It searches CL every 15 minutes for my search terms and notifies me on my cell.
This is how I scored a 6pack of reconditioned cornies and a Johnson controller for $100.
Best app EVAR! :mug:

You keep your witchcraft away from Charlotte!

Latest posts

Back