Craigslist Finds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedarbrewer

Reaction score
Anybody ever find a steal on CL for your equipment? Today I picked up a wort chiller, 2 carboys, 2- 6.5 buckets w/lids, thief, hydrometer, bench capper, 4 cases of bottles and 2 complete Tap-a-draft systems for $80! The ad was a month old but the guy answered back right away, Grand Rapids/West Michigan is very active beer community and I was amazed this was still available.
Now I have to brew my first batch!!

Cheers,
Paul

Anybody ever find a steal on CL for your equipment?
Absolutely! I've bought a bunch of equipment I didn't really need because it was part of a package deal I couldn't pass up. Still have some, or have turned around and sold or given away some. Best deal was probably a kegerator witth a 1/2 BBL Sanke keg for $50; returned the keg for the $50 deposit, so a free kegerator after a little effort.

Anybody ever find a steal on CL for your equipment? Today I picked up a wort chiller, 2 carboys, 2- 6.5 buckets w/lids, thief, hydrometer, bench capper, 4 cases of bottles and 2 complete Tap-a-draft systems for $80! The ad was a month old but the guy answered back right away, Grand Rapids/West Michigan is very active beer community and I was amazed this was still available.
Now I have to brew my first batch!!

Cheers,
Paul
Welcome to the forum!! Soak anything that can be soaked like the buckets for sure in Oxyclean free...Plastics are notorious for harboring bacteria that cause infections (ruin your beer) The Oxyclean "should" clean them up. Then hit with a spray of Starsan for good measure before filling

There usually isnt much on Craigslist in my area. I see a lot of ghetto set-ups for like 300 bucks, not much of a deal imo.
I did score a new Italian floor corker for 20 bucks. That was a pretty good deal.

$200 like new 7.1 cu ft freezer ($75) & 4 clean very good condition ball lock kegs ($125)... (3 hours of driving on a Saturday)
Good deal?

I watch Craigslist almost daily haha.
$30 - 7 gallon aluminum pot and propane burner
$20 - 2 pin lock kegs with hosing and connectors
Free - 5 gallon glass carboy
$35 - chest freezer
$4 - 2 food grade 5 gal plastic buckets with lid/gasket

Letgo and Offerup are getting more popular to. Worth a look

Used to check CL regularly, but my company now blocks it, so I don't remember to check as often. I do have some keyword alerts set up. Some pretty good deals as long as things were in good shape - especially the kegs if you're good with pin locks.

Will have to look into Letgo and Offerup. My wife finds all kinds of (non-homebrew) deals on a local Facebook trading group. Might have to check that option as well.

Back