Crafting Tribute Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
Does anyone here craft particular beers as tribute to different things (movies, people, events,...etc). I have heard some beers named after things but i mean really crafted with intent to draw a parralel between a beer and something else. I am interested in hearing peoples takes on beers and the things they pay tribute to.

I'm looking forward to brewing up a tribute beer for the four night stretch of Phish shows at Red Rocks here in Colorado at the end of July. I'm not sure what the theme will be or the type of beer...I'll probably just come up with some sort catchy name like "Fluffhead Red." I'm excited to plan, but more excited to drink.

Back when the last Harry Potter book was coming out there were a bunch of people on here trying to devise a Butter Beer recipe as a tribute to the book and a few brewed it up to drink when they read the book.

As for my self, I craft beer as a tribute to life, because without life there'd be no need for beer and without beer many people would have no life...

I'm looking forward to brewing up a tribute beer for the four night stretch of Phish shows at Red Rocks here in Colorado at the end of July. I'm not sure what the theme will be or the type of beer...I'll probably just come up with some sort catchy name like "Fluffhead Red." I'm excited to plan, but more excited to drink.

Sanity never came your way.

I make my "Larry Allen"stout in memory of my buddy who died last year.He loved extra thick alcholic cream stouts.And no he did not play for the cowboys.The cool thing about it was on the anniversery of his death we all toasted even the BMC drinkers in the group.

I name all (well, most) of my beers after references to songs. The title usually reflects the style of beer, i.e. Spend your Days in the Sunshiiine Golden (Oasis), Blackened Crown and Black Dog Stouts (Eisley and Led Zeppelin), Cloud 9 Weissbier (George Harrison), etc...

Brewtopia has made a few beers like that.

Yankee Drifter Golden Ale after his dad, whose CB handle was Yankee Drifter.

Earls of Snohomish Barleywine, named after a relative (Grandfather and perhaps great GF, I think) or two of his business partner, Don Averill (Sp?). Earl Averill was a baseball player back in the day when baseball players didn't get paid much.

Back