Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had these beauties dropped off.

ForumRunner_20130822_162433.jpg

Thanks Tflew. Today is my birthday so i'll be enjoying at least one if them tonight

Monks Flemish is great. I work right down the street from the actual bar and try to go there whenever I can. I was veeeery pleased to see they had this bottled. The actual cafe is one of the few places in philly you can score Pliny on tap. If you're ever in the city make sure to check it out.

Thanks guys. As luck would have it, the monks went in the fridge earlier, so now i'm looking forward to getting home and relaxing with that bad boy

Happy bday Mikey! Can't say I'm a huge Monk's fan. but make sure you drink that Bruery with your pinky sticking out. ;)

Haha... which one? I got a lot of bruery stuff now. Been getting hooked up by some awesome peeps. I do believe they're currently my favorite brewery. Some of their bigger beers need a little age on it. Maybe in a year i'll open my bottle of white chocolate and one of the sour in the rye kumquats. Still building my cellar.

Haha... which one? I got a lot of bruery stuff now. Been getting hooked up by some awesome peeps. I do believe they're currently my favorite brewery. Some of their bigger beers need a little age on it. Maybe in a year i'll open my bottle of white chocolate and one of the sour in the rye kumquats. Still building my cellar.

That one in your MAW pick with the long name I can't be bothered to spell. :D

Happy birthday man! I've been collecting Bruery beers for a while too. I've been giving away quite a bit though, lol.

Plus a brett

Not big on brett. Keep the barnyard and gimme the face puckering tartness of a riserva or a lolita. Drinking a New Glarus wild sour ale right now. If i can keep my eyes open and my wifes hands off me, i'll drink the monks cafe next.

mikeysab said:
Not big on brett. Keep the barnyard and gimme the face puckering tartness of a riserva or a lolita. Drinking a New Glarus wild sour ale right now. If i can keep my eyes open and my wifes hands off me, i'll drink the monks cafe next.

How do you like the wild sour? I could drink them like session beers!

That makes two of us. I could definitely see myself drinking this on a regular basis. Thanks for the pair. Awesome extra on that one.

I agree that the Wild Sour from New Glarus is pretty good. They just had a limited release last weekend for another sour.
It was their R&D Very Very Sour Blackberries. Talk about tart. Whoo Weee....

I picked up 2 bottles and have them sitting on my shelf...

At work right now but I can get a little start on it.

HF: any sour
Cascade: any sour
Logsdon: peche n Brett
RR: Beatification
Cigar City: Brandy Barrel Huna
GI: Bourbon county cherry or vanilla
3F: BA Dark lord
Goliath: Kentucky Brunch
Cantillon: Any
Lost Abbey: Cable Car
Bruery: Melange 3 or 8
Surly: Darkness
Jackie o's: Any sours
Jester king: whiskey barrel rodeo

I'll think of some more to toss on there in a bit

Bump*

and

I agree that the Wild Sour from New Glarus is pretty good. They just had a limited release last weekend for another sour.
It was their R&D Very Very Sour Blackberries. Talk about tart. Whoo Weee....

I picked up 2 bottles and have them sitting on my shelf...

Me want

At work right now but I can get a little start on it.

HF: any sour
Cascade: any sour
Logsdon: peche n Brett
RR: Beatification
Cigar City: Brandy Barrel Huna
GI: Bourbon county cherry or vanilla
3F: BA Dark lord
Goliath: Kentucky Brunch
Cantillon: Any
Lost Abbey: Cable Car
Bruery: Melange 3 or 8
Surly: Darkness
Jackie o's: Any sours
Jester king: whiskey barrel rodeo

I'll think of some more to toss on there in a bit

I don't always post these days...
The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

but when I do, I make it count

Consider this taken and done. Get ready for a big-ass box o' brew.

Have you had ant Cascade stuff? Right up your alley, all lacto, no pedio or brett.

It would be awesome to be able to visit the tasting room. It seems like there's quite a bit that you can't order online, and I am dying to try those! Do they fill growlers?

It is awesome to visit, i went last year for my beercation birthday. They have SOO much more that they don't ship. I didn't go to that racoon lounge or whatever its called though.

Have you had ant Cascade stuff? Right up your alley, all lacto, no pedio or brett.

I had the kriek and it was awesome. Ive had about four bottles of apricot in my posession but traded or gave them in maws. The whole foods i get them at is getting vine. Would like to try that one

I had the kriek and it was awesome. Ive had about four bottles of apricot in my posession but traded or gave them in maws. The whole foods i get them at is getting vine. Would like to try that one

Funny, always heard they were distro in NY but I can NEVER find them!!

How about I send you a couple 6 packs of GSB Blood orange for apricot!?! lol

mikeysab said:

Oh thanks Mikey! I was looking to get tea bagged this afternoon. Pulling MAW hits off of a Grocery store shelf. :/

New Glarus Thumbprint (Berliner, Wild Sour), Strawberry Rhubarb, 20th Anniversary
Cigar City Life is Like
Surly Smoke
Kuhnhenn French Toast BB, FT Banana BB, Gorillabilly, Cinnamonster, pretty much any of their really crazy stuff
Jester King/Mikkeller Weasel/Whiskey Rodeo
Westbrook BA Mexican Cake
Foothills BA Sexual Chocolate
Kate The Great
Blaeber
Grey Monday

Anything Barrel-Aged or Sour from Surly, Cigar City, Hill Farmstead

I would also love any shirts or tasting glasses from local breweries/bars

Back