Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding a few and consolidating posts.

Alright alright alright...here's my list.

A nice box of crushable summer beers. Sours (fruited?), Berliners, wheats, etc.

Also...haven't had anything from Cantillon. Would love to try some.

Not looking for any stouts or heavy dark beers really since I'd like a box I could tear through quick.

I know some folks think a list like this is tougher than listing actual beers but that's what I've got for now. Brewery wise there's a bunch on the west coast I'd dig. No Cascade, Bruery or stuff I can get easy here.

There's a ton of great traders in here so I've got no issue leaving it in your hands.

Here's a couple beers/list of breweries I'm looking for.

Veritas 013 or 015

Side project (duh)
SARA
Rare Barrel
Modern Times sours
Libertine
Beatitude
Any of the new Grzz
Any HF sour
Societe
Toolbox
OEC with peaches
Fen Tao
maybe high abv fruited sours?

adding a few stouts...
Vanilla Rye
Prop
BA Despot beers (Pappy barrel)

I like the two headed muppet. Nate and I are buddies since middle school and home brew partners. But with him in California right now having gone to the Bruery and Stone and Modern Times...I kinda wish I was his life partner so I could have gone on the work trip with him.

According to UPS, a giant box of packing material with some wishes inside just landed in IL.

Now someone pick up Mike's list before his box gets to me. Clock's ticking. Gotta be someone new who has been waiting to get in and can grant since his isn't too specific.

Now someone pick up Mike's list before his box gets to me. Clock's ticking. Gotta be someone new who has been waiting to get in and can grant since his isn't too specific.

Not new but it depends on how the trip to NOLA goes tomorrow. In other words, it depends on how many of their new sours are bottled and available at the brewery.

That's what you think! (Evil laugh).

I was just thinking, pondering even, if this BIAB shipper is pulling a UPS on you. IE ruffling through your box and cherry picking the bottles between friends.
Let's just take a minute to think about that.
Maniacal laugh
MANIACAL LAUGH
:D

According to UPS, a giant box of packing material with some wishes inside just landed in IL.

Box has arrived, but I won't get a chance to open it until later this eve. Think this may seem like a long afternoon.....Dang work getting in the way of beer again.

I was just thinking, pondering even, if this BIAB shipper is pulling a UPS on you. IE ruffling through your box and cherry picking the bottles between friends.
Let's just take a minute to think about that.
Maniacal laugh
MANIACAL LAUGH
:D

Lol. I bet they are! Those bastards!

Box has arrived, but I won't get a chance to open it until later this eve. Think this may seem like a long afternoon.....Dang work getting in the way of beer again.

Waiting is the hardest part
2c2b609c9dafcc8586d5449be09eb2f7.jpg

Adding a few and consolidating posts.

Alright alright alright...here's my list.

A nice box of crushable summer beers. Sours (fruited?), Berliners, wheats, etc.

Also...haven't had anything from Cantillon. Would love to try some.

Not looking for any stouts or heavy dark beers really since I'd like a box I could tear through quick.

I know some folks think a list like this is tougher than listing actual beers but that's what I've got for now. Brewery wise there's a bunch on the west coast I'd dig. No Cascade, Bruery or stuff I can get easy here.

There's a ton of great traders in here so I've got no issue leaving it in your hands.

Here's a couple beers/list of breweries I'm looking for.

Veritas 013 or 015

Side project (duh)
SARA
Rare Barrel
Modern Times sours
Libertine
Beatitude
Any of the new Grzz
Any HF sour
Societe
Toolbox
OEC with peaches
Fen Tao
maybe high abv fruited sours?

adding a few stouts...
Vanilla Rye
Prop
BA Despot beers (Pappy barrel)

I have to look what I have and see if I can do this. I might.

Sorry for the long wait. Beer was calling yesterday.
Here's a short list and I'll expand later today when I can see straight.
(*) full grant

Framboos*
Lpf
Lpg
St lam
Vig
Grrrz berry*
Grrrz kriek
Prop14
Cherry rye
Bramble
Vanilla rye
Flora b/b
West Ashley
Fruit punch 1
Fruit punch 2
Bernice
Beat

Nice box!

THATS WHAT HE SAID! Couldnt help myself.

Yeah the peche and fKDS were the wish. Nate and my buddy Ed who brews with us both have one so I could see gving mine up. Plus the bottle shop still had the spice wars varient so i could double down. I hear its awesome so got one for myself along with a peche for myself. Had to talk the shop into two of the last three avail. Trip to degarde i was able to get only two extras, it was a week after a big party so most stuff was premises only or one bottle limit. They are supposed to be out fin standing. I got to try a bunch and they were all "want to live here" good. And what HBT box is complete with out a homebrew?

One guy/three personality bottle share? Gonna need to share a few of the bottles I sent.

If Ed was on HBT, he would click like too. :tank:

You guys quit picking on both my friends.

Actually, Mike's box is supposed to land Thursday, and I just confirmed I will be in Seattle Saturday emptying bottles with Nate, so the timing is perfect. Might have to try an untappd check in party with Walt on some DeGardes. Lots of internet high fives and toasts...

If Ed was on HBT, he would click like too. :tank:

You guys quit picking on both my friends.

Actually, Mike's box is supposed to land Thursday, and I just confirmed I will be in Seattle Saturday emptying bottles with Nate, so the timing is perfect. Might have to try an untappd check in party with Walt on some DeGardes. Lots of internet high fives and toasts...

I might be taking the DeGardes to a homebrew club meeting on Saturday if I am able to make it. I am flying out to a conference in Florida on Monday so I have to get some stuff caught up for work and at home before I leave.

Updated..

(*) full grant

Framboos*
Lpf*
Lpg
St lam
Vig
Grrrz berry*
Grrrz kriek
Grrrz apricot
Prop14
Cherry rye
Bramble
Vanilla rye
Flora b/b
West Ashley
Fruit punch 1
Fruit punch 2
Bernice
Beat
Bavss
Fou foune*
Fen Tao
Imp black raz bu
Imp berry bu
Imp apricot bu
Imp boysen bu
O&P
C5
Nyfrb 19.5% (no bottles I know)
Flora plum
Huna15
Adtwd
Para4
Upland peach
Cd11
Any Cantillon Magnum*

Feels like Christmas Morning. Fedex tells me a truck is on its way up from Troutdale...

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide996304775gh6rjpimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gh69on.png1432188774787.jpg-620x349.jpg

In advance

box arrived at fedex in troutdale and then got shipped up to longview.

This morning has been like the Christmas morning when you run down to open presents and your mom says you have to wait for your sister to wake up and your dad to get out of the shower before you can open your presents.

Fedex walked in the door as I was walking out the door to our building next door for a meeting. Only had time to sign and set in my office, and for 2 hours all I can think is "what's in the box" and that I want to get next door and see what my wish contains.
whats_in_the_box.jpg

Soon. Soon.

Sooooo, Mike gets my heart rate up a little last week when he tells me "it's only a six shipper, but IMO one hell of a box." I think, damn, I know what I put in when I only sent 6, and he's crazy, so what am I in store for.

I make Nate sweat a little... then I send him this.
10502013_1040449252651630_6767352370977258312_n.jpg

And then I pull the bottles out. And made romance explosion on my stomacchh.

and then before I can finish this post, I realize I have a meeting in 3 minutes across the street.

But I'm back. And Great Success!
Our first Hill Farmstead, Anna, A Great South Bay Devils Deed, a Port Jeff Imperial Force (brewed in 2013 and aged 14 mo in bourbon barrels in the dagobah system, I am a huge star wars geek, probably like most of you, so this is so awesome I can't even describe how awesome) and those alone are super ridiculous...

Then there are 2015 Chocolate Rain and Mocha Wednesday. Holeeeee sheeeeeeet. I know you guys love the fact that I have friends and speak for them, so I'll add Garrett to the mix who will probably join Nate (and Barb) and Ed and myself for an epic flight one of these days in either Longview or Seattle. So if you are counting that is at least 4 personalites. Plus Nate's SO.

Because on top of all that, there is a 2011 Black Tuesday. So now the group of us are sitting on 2011, 2012 and a few 2014s. If we can trade a 2014 into a 2013, we will have a 4 year vertical plus CR and MW and just might have minds exploding. Very possible.

I think it goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyways, Mike, you da man.
11263043_1040449239318298_6183702177188299457_n.jpg

and yes those are awesome pictures of my two older boys riding a wooden horse. Cause that's how beers on the office desk roll.

Yeah, I'll sneak that into the theater for sure. Got too many kids to be allowed to wait in line for opening night and drink in a tent in the parking lot, but inside a Cinetopia should be perfect.

Just introducing the 5 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old to more star wars lately, they were a little disappointed in the actual movies because there were no legos... But after all the SW rebels episodes and half way through the Clone Wars on netflix, my 2 year old who can still barely talk says "next one?" after each one ends. Pretty awesome.

More to da list..

(*) full grant

Framboos*
Lpf*
Lpg
St lam
Vig
Grrrz berry*
Grrrz kriek
Grrrz apricot
Prop14
Cherry rye