Covid Sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Atom87

Reaction score
Well I had plan to run by LHBS Tues after work to get ingredients for Wayne Blue Moon recipe when I started getting dizzy mid day. Decided to head home and next 4 hours went from dizzy to unbearable head, throat, and body pain. Walking from couch to kitchen was hard physically along with difficulty breathing. Tues night was one of worst nights ever had. No sleep and in bathroom every hour. Was either freezing or sweating. Here I am 2.5 days later feeling same and havent ate anything. Got test yesterday and waiting for results but feel like I know what going to be

just wanted to tell fellow homebrewers to stay safe and that Covid is a PIA

Well I had plan to run by LHBS Tues after work to get ingredients for Wayne Blue Moon recipe when I started getting dizzy mid day. Decided to head home and next 4 hours went from dizzy to unbearable head, throat, and body pain. Walking from couch to kitchen was hard physically along with difficulty breathing. Tues night was one of worst nights ever had. No sleep and in bathroom every hour. Was either freezing or sweating. Here I am 2.5 days later feeling same and havent ate anything. Got test yesterday and waiting for results but feel like I know what going to be

May you have a quick and complete recovery whatever the test results are.

Hope whatever it is gets better, COVID or otherwise. And I hope you're appropriately quarantined.

I know a few folks who've had it. One died. Another it was mild but while the infection cleared some of the symptoms lasted months. And that instance was the best case.

The wife and I may have had it in the spring before testing was widely available. Either that or we both (along with most of her office, shortly before they shuttered to work from home) had a variant of flu we weren't vaccinated against. Never FULLY recovered.

Hope for a full and quick recovery. Let us know how you're doing.

Hope whatever it is gets better, COVID or otherwise. And I hope you're appropriately quarantined.

I know a few folks who've had it. One died. Another it was mild but while the infection cleared some of the symptoms lasted months. And that instance was the best case.

The wife and I may have had it in the spring before testing was widely available. Either that or we both (along with most of her office, shortly before they shuttered to work from home) had a variant of flu we weren't vaccinated against. Never FULLY recovered.

That's scary. You still have symptoms this many months later?

If one Googles "Cover-19 long haulers + symptoms" the list of syndromes is amazingly broad and for not a small number extends for many, many months still.
Clearly a disease that cause acute vascular inflammation along with clotting can affect pretty much every little bit of the human body.
Covid is a ***** and nothing to mess with. I've been pretty much physically incommunicado since March 6...

Cheers!

That's scary. You still have symptoms this many months later?

Just fatigue. I didn't make anything of it (and still wouldn't call it conclusive, could just as likely be psychological from all this) until my friend who definitively had it in the summer (courtesy of her irresponsible ex husband via their child) said the exact same thing.

As I said I don't know if I had it since it was at the point where unless you were being hospitalized you weren't getting tested. Checked all the symptom boxes, but wasn't severe. Nasty cold or mild flu severity, in flu season.

. . . . .
Covid is a ***** and nothing to mess with. I've been pretty much physically incommunicado since March 6...

Cheers!

I've stopped going to the grocery store at this point. My local store has online ordering and delivery and it works pretty well.

This summer, we moved my father in law in with us and then had family dinners outside on our back porch, with our adult children and their spouses, great memories. But now we've stopped having them over until things get better here.

I brewed a bourbon barrel porter in December 2019 to be kegged and aged until December 2020 to share at parties and gatherings. Now I have a lot of BBP to drink myself and nobody to know how awesome it is. I feel lucky I'm not in your position.....not only don't I want COVID but it would be a real bummer to go through the season not being able to taste and enjoy all of the beers and foods that I enjoy at Christmas. Get well soon!

Well ended up not being covid but strep throat, double ear infection, sinus infection, and flu. Still feel like death but managed to get 4 hours of straight sleep last night

Latest posts

Back