Could use some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chcarpenter

Reaction score
Hello all,

So here is the run down...

I am building a fermentation chamber using a mini fridge for my cold and a ceramic heat lamp for well my heat. I have installed the mini fridge into my chamber area, and I am trying to reconnect the thermostat to test it out. Well when my buddy and I took the thermostat apart we did not snap a picture of where the Green, White, and Black cords connect back. The other issue is that well I do not remember the brand of mini fridge it was to try and find an image of how it should look. So well I am hoping the HomeBrewTalk community can help me figure it out. Electric is not my favorite thing cause well I tend to struggle with understanding it (I have the basics but thats about it).

The pictures attached show the thermostat mech from 2 different angles. On the 1st pic you can see by the posts it says 3 and 4, and shows that a C and D. The 3 and C share a post and 4 and D share as well.

The third pic shows number info for the part, and the forth shows the green, white, and black cables I have access to.

Thanks for the help.

Colt

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

The green wire plugs onto the chrome-color lug that's actually part of the metal structure. Hence, the safety ground point.

The black and white wires go on the two brass-color lugs. They can go in either order, what you have there is a simple switch.

Cheers!

thermostat.jpg

Thanks. That makes sense. Hopefully it works cause I'm not wanting to have to go get a new thermostat for this thing. May have tried something that it didn't like before posting here and it sparked. Does not seem like it fried it by any means but we shall see.

Back