corresponding yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I don't mean they're writing letters to each other. I'm trying to figure out if I've got a recipe that calls Wyeast American Ale 1 or 2. Since my LHBS carries only White Labs, I'm trying to figure out which one of those to use. I've got a California Ale starter in the fridge that I'd like to use. Is there a resource for this or do any of you know if they're the same?

I'm pretty sure morebeer.com (which sells only whitelabs) lists what the equivalent wyeast strain is in their descriptions.

WLP001 california is the same strain as Wyeast 1056 American.

Good reference, I have the page saved, but that doesn't help other people much. If you have any doubts, as Kris recommends, check the company pages. Also, I don't know when he last updated the page and both companies bring out new yeasts.

Thanks. That's right on, it says that the yeast I have will work. I just hope it's still viable. I should know by tommorrow morning since I'm kicking up the starter tonight. I'm making a Victory Hop Devil clone.

Back