Corny Keg/Sanke Tube/Line Cleaner/ Rinser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maierhof

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have built the DIY line cleaner (I one off'd the one by geniz - ty btw!) and it has been a rockstar in my line cleaning methods. I took a 1/2" copper pipe and bent it a little and then bored out the plastic a little to make it tight and sealed it off with the proper o-ring inside. Works like a charm - but I put some work into that one... the toughest part was getting the right part to make it so that I could put the firestone post on there.

So my problem was when I was done with my BLC line run - how did I rinse this thing? Well - I had to rinse the whole mess and it seemed like it was really slowing me down a bit in terms of time and effort. So - I went down to Home Despot and found a good albeit smaller version of the original Flowmaster I had. Total cost out the door was under $20.

I got it home and found that it had smaller tube and the dispenser was an addon to that hose. So I simply put a 3/8" gas flare coupler on the line out with clamp on it and then attached a gas line disconnect. I used it today with a total time of install of about 5 minutes - not bad!

What I didn't see coming is the fact that I don't have to take apart my corny keg parts and clean/rinse them individually now. I simply hook the corny keg to my sump pump corny keg/carboy/sanke cleaner via the disconnects and it PBWs the lines with the kegs. All I have to do (after an initial hot tap water clean and shake of course) is just put hot tap water in the new line rinser and pump it up and it rinses the in/out lines (individually) while I get to walk away and change the keg to the main keg cleaner. I have to say - this is great - and it was for a very low price and minimal parts and labor.

Now I have one for BLC - where it stays and I don't have to waste anything and can do multiple lines during the cleaning day - AND I have one for water to rinse the lines directly afterwards. Nice... What I also found is that I can attach it to my sanke couplers and clean them too now just by removing the gas disconnect! All I do it pull the sanke tube from the keg - attach my sanke coupler and viola'. I used a bucket to clean it and then pour it back into the sprayer for round 2. Extra nice...

FlowMaster 1.5 Gallon Sprayer - I guess they have discontinued this one which is why is was $16 maybe - but here is a 2 gal one at roughly the same price. Just make sure you get one vith Vitron o-rings to be safe.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RL-Flo-Master-2-gal-Heavy-Duty-Sprayer-2202HD/100350719
Flare fitting barb and coupler - already owned
Gas ball lock disconnect - already owned

IMG_20141227_221157_373.jpg

IMG_20141227_221456_387.jpg

IMG_20141227_224235_432.jpg

Back