Corny Keg on the course

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fin-lander

Reaction score
I had a thought the other day: would it be possible to attach a keg setup on a golf cart and play a round, or would all the bouncing about kill my dream? I also have hopes of taking a keg on the boat this summer. Has anyone attempted anything similar?

All I can think about is how well a corny would fit inside a golf bag. Rodney Dangerfield would be proud.

You have a keg, bottle using the BMBF. You can drink out of the bottle when bottled this way. No sediment just like filling a glass. We always take beer to golf courses. I couldn't imagine golfing without a cooler.

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Most courses have rules against bringing your own beer.

If they have a liquor license, they must prohibit folks from bringing their own beer.

If they don't have a liquor license, it's usually at the clubs discretion. One of our local courses, a small 9-hole, allows BYOB.

Many of you are DIY type guys. Seriously with all of the crazy stuff I've seen here, tell me you can't make some sort of motion reducing, totally awesome golf cart with multiple taps.

I challenge you!

I am thinking that you need a sort of basket inside a basket type deal. Suspend the smaller basket from inside the larger, and use something that'll dampen motion. You may need to build a whole golf cart to perfect it.:fro:

I am thinking that you need a sort of basket inside a basket type deal. Suspend the smaller basket from inside the larger, and use something that'll dampen motion. You may need to build a whole golf cart to perfect it.:fro:

Like a gimble used for a nautical compass...

idea.gif

I am not worried about getting the keg onto the cart - that's the easy part - I am just worried about getting nothing but foam out of it. My good friend owns the course and has given me the green light, I just don't know if driving around the course will jostle up the keg too much - or will this even matter? I plan on putting it into a spare bag on the back filled with ice. Anyone with actual experience?

cheers

I need to take some better pictures:

IMAG0077-2.jpg

IMAG0078-3.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Two 3 gallon kegs, paintball bottle with holder, two tap tower.

:rockin:

very cool indeed, but my potential problem is the variable of motion, ie the cart/boat that the kegs will be in...

very cool indeed, but my potential problem is the variable of motion, ie the cart/boat that the kegs will be in...

I plan to use it on the pontoon boat next summer. Really, I have not had a lot of issues carrying kegs around.

I live on a golf course. The lanes used by the carts are smoothly paved. Is that how your course is set up?

If so, I don't think you will have much in the way of foaming issues. Keep the keg cold and pressurized. There has been some discussion here to the effect that higher CO2 pressure on the keg may reduce foaming.

:mug:

Many of you are DIY type guys. Seriously with all of the crazy stuff I've seen here, tell me you can't make some sort of motion reducing, totally awesome golf cart with multiple taps.

I challenge you!

Let's see: the keg would need to be mounted in a free swinging spherical gimbal of some type, like a gyroscope. It would need to hold the vertical orientation, to keep the keg upright.

:D

I plan to use it on the pontoon boat next summer. Really, I have not had a lot of issues carrying kegs around.

I live on a golf course. The lanes used by the carts are smoothly paved. Is that how your course is set up?

If so, I don't think you will have much in the way of foaming issues. Keep the keg cold and pressurized. There has been some discussion here to the effect that higher CO2 pressure on the keg may reduce foaming.

:mug:

The course has many holes without smooth cart paths, though I can take it easy.

good info - thanks! I'll definitely experiment and let you guys know this summer.

A buddy of mine won one of those Paddy's Caddy golf bags at a golf tournament! It keeps a Heineken or Newcastle mini keg cold and you can pour draft beer from the hidden tap! Good to hide those things if using them on a course. Just like Rodney Dangerfield's golf bag in CaddyShack except lighter, smaller, and no b/w TV. Very fun and cool! (no pun intended)
www.paddyscaddy.com

Latest posts

Back