Corny Keg Not Dispensing, What Gives?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summertime

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster, long time reader.......

I'm on my 4th batch in my corny keg and it has been carbonating at 30 Psi for around 50 hrs. I wanted to check the flow through the liquid host and grab a sample so i released the pressure and set it to 10 PSI for serving and nothing comes out. When i santizied and flushed the sanitized liquid, everything was fine.

I used a sanitized screwdriver to push down on the poppit and took a beer shower which was a good sign that there isn't a blockage in the dispense line inside the keg (i think). I took apart the liquid disconnect to make sure everything was working fine and it seemed to be. I event put the "poppit pusher" (sorry i dont know the technical term) on backwards so that long end would push in the poppit. It spilled everywhere so i know liquid is coming out.

Please advise.

So either the QD is broke, your beer line has a kink hiding somewhere, or your faucet is NFG. Or you've forgotten how to connect that QD to the keg.

As long as you're already beer-showered, the next step would be to remove the beer line from the QD, plug it on the keg, and see what happens. I do recommend you actually pop the pressure relief on the keg first ;)

Cheers!

thanks day trippr. i took out the beer line (as sanitary as possible) didn't have any sediment in it. then started messing with the spring ball bearing lock on the liquid disconnect and forced it up and pushed hard down on the poppit, it locked down and shot out delicious kolsch.

Cheers!

thanks day trippr. i took out the beer line (as sanitary as possible) didn't have any sediment in it. then started messing with the spring ball bearing lock on the liquid disconnect and forced it up and pushed hard down on the poppit, it locked down and shot out delicious kolsch.

Cheers!

Yeah those QDs are a ***** to get pushed all the way down sometimes. There should be a discernable "click" when fully seated. Lube helps a bunch.

Back