Corny keg mobile serving options...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoDown

Reaction score
What are some options as far as serving corny kegs outside of my kegerator. Bringing my c02 tank seems like a lot if hassle and a pain to lug around. I have a picnic faucet, so ill just need something for the gas side. Suggestions? Thanks.

Nice. Cheap is good! Where can I find one? A search only turned up lots of results about the blickman beer gun...

I use a 2.5gal corney in a Menard's 5 gallon water cooler. I have a co2 charger with 12 gram cartridges and a picnic tap. Works pretty good for camping if you add ice from time to time. If I need to take a smaller amount, I use a 2 liter and a carb cap.

JWP

Another approach I've used, take a half full cornie charged to 5-6 psi above your normal serving pressure. You can dispense the keg with only a slight loss of carbonation.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions!

A couple questions...

About the c02 cartridge charger: how long does one cartridge last, and if you don't use a full one, can the rest of it be used at another time?

About the method of turning it up 6 psi higher: this just means apply 6 psi more after carbonating.correct? Ie: I don't need to carbonate to higher volumes if I plan on travelling with a keg.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions!

A couple questions...

About the c02 cartridge charger: how long does one cartridge last, and if you don't use a full one, can the rest of it be used at another time?

About the method of turning it up 6 psi higher: this just means apply 6 psi more after carbonating.correct? Ie: I don't need to carbonate to higher volumes if I plan on travelling with a keg.

A cartridge lasts quite a while- I think most of a keg, but I had a few "helpers" give the keg a blast when I wasn't looking and wasted quite a bit of it. You can just change the cartridge if it's empty, while still hooked up, or save it for another time if it's not empty.

So, since there's no regulator, I guess you just apply a small amount of.gas at a time? Is it.fully manual?

Back