Corny Keg Lid has no Pressure Relief

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_B_Mongo

Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. Yesterday I scored 8 kegs off of Craigslist for $70. 4 ball-lock, 4-pinlock. One of the pin-lock lids doesn't have a pressure relief. No pull ring, no dome with the plastic widget inside, nothing.

Obviously this keg was used at much higher pressures in a previous life, so I'm not concerned. Just wondering if anybody has seen this, or if there is anything I should know about this style of keg.

Thanks, and Happy Brewing!

I have one and it drives me a little nuts, it's always the last one I fill. You just have to get used to releasing pressure through the valve poppet.

Nice score, btw!

You can also buy replacement lids from cornykeg.com. I got three cornys last summer without pressure relief lids, and they sell them for $14 plus shipping.

Thanks to all for the replies. Not worried about it, just hadn't seen one like this before. Doubt I'll even use it, as I've got 22 kegs and don't brew often enough/drink slow enough to make it necessary. 18 of the 22 are ball lock, but couldn't pass them up at under $10 each.

If I do need to use them I had just planned in pressint the poppet. Just wanting to get opinions.

I have six, 3 gallon kegs with plastic lids & the little widget in place of a pressure relief. I thought I'd bump this thread up in case anyone else has any more recent experience. I bought them off a guy that used to set up soda systems for 7Up, so I'm not too concerned. Worst case, I borrow a lid from one of my 5 gallon kegs, when I want to go smaller.

Back