corny keg dip tube screen idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoGuthrie

Reaction score
I'd like to dry hop in the keg but without a muslin bag. I just want to have them floating around in there because I feel that putting a buncha hops into a bag limits the surface to wort ratio and limits hop flavour.

I know about the Surescreen but I was thinking about a DIY approach and looking for feedback.

What about using a braided stainless steel hose like a lot of us have as a mash tun screen? I could slip the hose off of the plastic, install a brass square head plug and clamp it on the end. Then pull up the keg dip tube and slip the hose over the bottom of the dip tube.

I can't see why this wouldn't work. What does everyone else think?

THis is not my picture but this is definitely what i was thinking. I would have to make sure that the brass fitting didn't block the end of the dip tube.

screen.png

I've had a couple of pms about this thread so I thought I should post a follow up.

Just before going out and buying all the parts for this I found a LHBS that carried custom corny keg screens. They only cost $5, which was cheaper than I could've made them.

diptubescreen(1).jpg

Sorry I couldn't update the thread with a great DIY story. This one is for the lazy brewers out there (like me)!

Latest posts

Back