Corny keg carbonation issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prothumia

Reaction score
We have moved and had to buy a new co2 tank. Unfortunately, we could only find a big tank that doesn't fit in the kegerator with the keg.
Is it possible to only carbonate the beer right before serving? Or, does anyone have any advice on how to carbonate this beer?

I put my CO2 bottle outside the kergerator and used a bulk head fitting to run the line through the wall, tons of people do it

Clever. Do you drill through the wall of the fridge? In the meantime, can I simply carbonate when needed?

Below is a link to the specific item I used, I am sure it or something similar can be found elsewhere as well. You drill through the fridge at some point, connect gas lines to either end of your bulkhead, one line to the regulator, the other to your keg(s) and you're in business. In the case of my fridge, I went in through the top, but it varies by fridge type. Some have freon lines in the walls, you just need to make sure you don't drill through one!

I keg my beers, put them in the kegerator, set the gas to serving pressure and give it a few days. I have some CO2 stones, but got tired of cleaning them... about a week at serving pressure and your beer will be perfect.

Back