Corny Air Trap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanspareil

Reaction score
Thought I would share an easy corny gas disconnect air trap. Purchased a PEX fitting. Removed the center scew top on the gas disconnect, cut that part down to just below the threads. (this allows the disconnect to still operate properly.) Teflon taped the PEX fitting. Screw it into the gas disconnect. Pushed my air lock into the PEX fitting. Capped the gas out threads. Done.

The Air lock fits perfectly in the PEX fitting!

1317-cornyairtrap.jpg

cornyairtrap.jpg

Sorry, I posted a picture, but I guess I am the only one that can see it. It is in my gallery. I will try and figure out how to make it so everyone can see it.

I run a gas disconnect with a blow off tube connected to a Burton Unit for the heavy krausen then after heavy ferm has died down I switch to this.
This method allows me to then attach liquid disconnects and push CO2 through a filter to my brite tank/serving corny. If I disconnect the gas poppet I can't transfer using CO2 without having to assemble the gas poppet.
I'm way to lazy to have to do that.

Back