Cornelius Secondary Regulator Pressure Range

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markymarx

Reaction score
So some months ago I bought a secondary regulator assembly with 3 secondaries so I can serve two and carb one in my kegerator. Looks similar to the one pictured but instead of Taprite's, I am using Cornelius brand.

What is the expected range on these?

Two of the three will go no lower than 11 or 12 PSI on I think a 60 psi gauge.

Third will go as low as 9 or 10 psi.

How low should these go when backing out the pressure adjustment screw before the screw comes out all the way?

If the regulators should go lower, is this a matter of getting rebuild kits for the regulators or would I have to get new springs as well?

They are not leaking. I had them all pressurized and sprayed with Starsan to make sure that was not occurring.

Thanks.

tn375_large_tf_T1683ST081810101154.jpg

Yes.

I did 'bench testing' of the system before installing into kegerator.

Had CO2 hooked up to primary and then secondary regulator and no lines from the secondry regulator so I discovered this by opening and closing the check valves and unscrewing the set screw until there was no more flow of CO2.

With the adjustment knob backed all the way out, and pressure bled off the hose, tap "gently" on the regulator bodies, and see if the gauges will zero out.

The adjustment screw / knob "should not", come all the way out of the regulator body, without a bit of resistance being felt.

Back the knobs off until you just barely feel some resistance, then back in slightly, and try the test above.

Ok, so I did back the following,
- Bled off pressure
- Backed out bolt all the way
- Tapped gage with finger

And, no change...10 psi minimum. Not sure of what primary regulator is set at if it is 15 or 25 psi. Will have to verify.

Just curious, do the gauges register zero when they are completely disconnected from the CO2?

Everything seems to be holding pressure such that I don't want to pull it apart to see if I need LH or RH gages. Would like that to be all that the issue is... Not like I can contact who I bought it from as they no longer come around these parts...

Everything seems to be holding pressure such that I don't want to pull it apart to see if I need LH or RH gages. Would like that to be all that the issue is... Not like I can contact who I bought it from as they no longer come around these parts...

It may be marked on the body of the regulator, if requiring a L/H thread.

If not, look at the visible threads, ( if any), and if they run "uphill" to your right, they are R/H threads.

Uphill to the left, L/H threads.

This viewed, as they screw into the regulator body.

Back