Coors Light Night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yup, wife brought me home a 36pak...It was a long hot today, doing many outside honey-do's. Gonna cook up some ribs and chill with a Silver Bullet. We all have these days..........

I fondly remember my Coors Light experiences. Sneaking it at my friend's house. One time at a HS football game in Lake City. Playing video games with my BIL...

Then I turned 21 and got to decide what brand I bought.

I won't typically buy Coors, but if someone wants to give me one or a dozen, I won't say no. It's not great beer, but it's still beer, and it can be oddly refreshing after a long hot day.

Traveled to Kansas City in 83 . Couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi then.Was all excited til I tasted it.Meh.

Currently drinking some of that bullet. I love drinking home/craft beer, but money is what money is, and I'm no stranger to the watered-down stuff. Like a fellow poster said, there's a certain nostalgia I get from the cheep stuff. Reminds me of the first beer I stole from my dad's fridge when I was 15. Good times.

Cheap stuff? In canada i can brew 5 gallons for same price as 24 bullets

Edit: meant 5 gallons of brewers best
American light (silver bullet with taste)
Both abot $40cad

It's by no means cheap. I don't buy it though. If I'm looking for cheap I go Rolling Rock, Lone Star, or PBR.

I didn't drink until my late 20's, and really didn't drink beer until my 30's (and only stouts and porters, for a long time), so I never developed any kind of a taste for macros. When I try one now it's pretty bad, but also pretty "why bother?"

As it so happens, I'm drinking a few Coors Lights right now (leftovers from a camping trip) whilst doing my accounting homework. Now, who wants to let me do their taxes next year? :drunk:

My point was not at Coors Light, it was towards your "old faithful".
My old faithful would be Sam Adams, for the most part don't care what brew. With Sam you can't go wrong, might not be the best for the style but it will be far from the worst.

Good use of Coors, hop tasting. Pop the tops, throw 5 or 6 pellets in, recap, taste in a few days. For me Coors is the blandest of the macros so you get a better sense of the hop flavor. Many seem to like using Miller Lite or Bud Light for this, but for me Coors works better.

If it's BMC for me, I prefer Coors.

But I was also raised on the Mississippi, and Busch Light was the name of the game, so my pallet was worth jack squat until I started home brewing!

I had a Bud Light roadie the other day. Bought a sixer of Lagunitas IPA for home and a BL tall boy for the drive. It's only 5 miles so save the preaching.

I'm gonna preach. If you can't wait, what, fifteen minutes tops, you should examine your priorities. Speaking as an internet stranger who already dislikes you.

As it so happens, I'm drinking a few Coors Lights right now (leftovers from a camping trip) whilst doing my accounting homework. Now, who wants to let me do their taxes next year? :drunk:

Questionable judgement is an instant disqualifier for an accountant, ain't it?

Cheers! ;)

Miller is my BMC go to. Though I wont turn any of the three down. Lately my "smash a 12pack" beer has been corona.

Water that ran off a skunk's a**.

It is pretty skunky... I remember telling my wife that the other night. Kind of reminded me of Pilsner Urquell in a bottle. One night at my old watering hole (which was amazing, always has 300+ beers) my buddy and I were drinking Urquell, and my dad was like "ok boys, I dont care if you do it or not, but who is smokin some reefer?" It always smells dank.

Coors light in back of my kegerator in case tap drys out, but since i started getting some quality brews it don't taste same, mind you also I'm in Canada even tho tastes similar our cl aint the same it is a higher abv.

Believe it or not, Coors Lite was my first beer ever. I was extremely disappointed at what I thought was beer and was convinced that there had to be more to this social lubricant than what I was holding in my hand. I went back to Coors Lite this past summer when I was splitting and stacking firefood for the upcoming winter and boy....totally hit the spot. I don't have it often but when I do, It really brings me back.

Michelob Light was the thing in my youth. Friend's brother kept a case on the porch and we had to sneak a few while we shot pool and did this and that.

Back