Coopers Wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape_Town

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am looking at planning for my third brew, and I am not very knowledgeable yet on the art of brewing, but I am slowly learning more.

For my third brew, I would like to make a Wheat beer, I particularly like this type of beer and since the last two brews I used products from the Coopers DIY range I am looking at there wheat beer can as this is easily available to me in cape town, South Africa.

Im am just wondering what I need to add with the Wheat Brew, as far as these instructions go I only need
Best made with 500g Light Dry Malt + 300g Dextrose.
http://www.beerlab.co.za/collections/beer-kits/products/coopers-wheat-beer-thomas-coopers-selection

Let me know if you think this is correct to add to the brew, Im just thinking I would need more sugar(dextrose) for the brew.

Thanks for all the help guys

Regards

CT

I made the Coopers Wheat before. It is fine brew that finishes very smooth. I didn't use the dextrose though, and I used LME instead of DME but they do the same job. I would prefer to use more extract than adding sugar but to each there own. Good luck!

The amounts they give for dextrose & DME Are intended to make a light session style wheat beer. Good on it's own,wheat beers shouldn't be too big bodied.

Back