Coopers Lager airlock, 24 hours after mixing (video)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemdalaclem

Reaction score
Hello, I took a video of my airlock bubbling a day after mixing the Coopers Lager ingredients together....23 liters altogether, mixed. 1.7 kgs of the Lager mix, and 1 kg of Brewing sugar. First time I've brewed. It seems some water I had in the airlock splashed out the top, but theres still some in there. should I refill it, or will I be alright? Please refer to the video.

thanks for your help. looking forward to trying my first batch.

ps. thermometer on side says 24 degrees celsius.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine. Many of us use vodka in airlocks, in case you get suck back into the fermenter. Less chance of an infection.

Good idea. Got a Coopers IPA batch waiting to be brewed after this Lager, I'll give that a shot then. Thanks for the input.

I have a big bottle of wolfschmidt (cheap vodka) sitting in my ferm closet just for that reason. You're still in the clear at this point. Relax, don't worry. Have a home brew (or commercial swill since you're still waiting on your first batch)

Back