Cooper's kit and Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisjonesjr

Reaction score
I got a buddy that is going to Korea for awhile, not sure where exactly, and he plans on taking a few Cooper's kits with him.

Our problem right now is he might not have access to corn sugar while he is over there so would 3lbs of honey work instead?

How much will this affect the flavor?

Would cane sugar be better or worse than honey?

Any other suggestions?

Honey will work just fine. You should get a slight honey flavor in the final product. When you use sugar it has no flavor profile with it.

Honey works great, brown sugar also gives a distinct flavor and a little color boost due to the molasses.

Cheers!

Awesome thanks guys. I believe he plans on bringing his hydrometer so he should be ok but in case he doesn't any suggestions on how much to start with?

I forgot about brown sugar I might have to try that one ;) what would go best with it?

Brown sugar or even demerara sugar (raw cane sugar) are good with English bitters or dark beers. I used it in my Burton ale for a tiny bit of extra dimension.

My buddy is trying a brewers best kit while he is still in town. We might be looking at trying the coopers in a month or so. I will probably try one using honey :)

Latest posts

Back