Coopers irish stout HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisgrayson

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've screwed up I've done a coopers Irish stout 23 litres.....
We went and put 1kg treacle it was in 2 tins I had it in my mind they where 250g each, giving 500g in total. Then put 500g muscovado sugar in. Overall 1.5kg of sugar and treacle
Followed by the wort and yeast, fermented for 1.5 days now nothing.

If I was to do another kit using only 500g of dextrose or spray malt, I'm thinking I can put half the original with treacle overload into another bucket, pour the fresh brew 50/50 over the top and diluting the concentrate down.

My question is this....
Should I just face it and accept its a lost course and put it in the garbage or will not ferment ok

Please give me your advice
Regards Chris

RDWHAHB. Breath. Let the beer ferment for another 3 weeks then check the gravity. If the gravity is stable and low enough bottle. If it doesn't taste right after carbonation let it age a few months and try again. Repeat till it tastes good.

Don't mess w/kits. They are balanced. If you want to experiment find a recipe and work on it. Why put candy in your beer? Trying to up the ABV with the sugar? Additives in the candy might mess up the brew, but I'm not sure.

Latest posts

Back