Cooper Canadian plus dme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mart1986

Reaction score
I been reading instead of using sugar to use extra light dry malt extract how much would I need and I'm going to use Nottingham yeast as I can maintain 17-18 c

When I brew with Cooper's cans, I use a 3lb bag of DME. In this case, extra light, definitely! Some lager-friendly hops for flavor at the 15 minute mark would also be meritorious. :mug:

That handy tool I'm looking at making it 4.8 so the chart is saying 1.7kg dme. As for hops I never done that I'm still novice brewer this one is my 2nd batch so need to learn what to do

When I brew with Cooper's cans, I use a 3lb bag of DME. In this case, extra light, definitely! Some lager-friendly hops for flavor at the 15 minute mark would also be meritorious. :mug:

This! The coopers cans will make a good beer when brewed with these small additions.

Also, I recommend adding the contents of the coopers can after flameout.

I never used saaz before but if you like hops i like mt.hood personally. After using probably 10 different hops, buts there's many more then that.

I'm a malt guy myself. :D English ales and reds all the way!

I just googled it and saaz and cascade come up hops is just a learning think like I say only been doing it 3weeks now

Cascade are more of a american style pale ale type of hop. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale uses Cascade as their finishing hop.

beeradvocate said:
A very popular U.S. variety, with a moderate bitterness level and fragrant, flowery aroma. Cascade is often used in highly hopped West Coast ales that have a citrus-floral hop character. (alpha acid: 4.5-6.0% / beta acid: 5.0-7.0% )

Saaz are a noble hop used in pilsner lagers. Oscar Blues Yella Pils, etc. It and would make a clean blonde, perhaps reminiscent of a lager.

beeradvocate said:
Saaz is the traditional noble hop for true pilsner beer. Saaz is famous for its spicy, clean bitterness. (average alpha acid: 3.0%)

Yeah. Saaz, or even German noble hops, like Hallertau mittelfruh, maybe spalt would be good choices in my opinion. And a kilogram being about 2.2lbs, 1.7 kilos would equal about 3lbs, off the top of my head...

I will go my local brewing shop see what he has in I'm looking forward to doing this one

Back