Cooler / Turkey Fryer on the cheap.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhoz

Reaction score
I was out running errands today and as has become the habit my eyes were peeled for home brewing gear. I found two good buys that I would have taken advantage of if I didn't already have them.

44QT Stainless Bayou Classic Turkey Fryer Kit for $39 at Costco

50QT Igloo IceCube Cooler for $25 at BigLots

This was in Nashua, NH in case it isn't National

Man,
I wish we had a costco way up here (Northeast VT) closest one is on over by Burlington, so it is not really worth having a membership.

Big lots. nope, Ocean State Job lots, yes. Aren't they pretty much the same thing? I'll have to check that one anyway.

Thanks for the tip.

jayhoz said:
I was out running errands today and as has become the habit my eyes were peeled for home brewing gear. I found two good buys that I would have taken advantage of if I didn't already have them.

Wow, awesome deal on the turkey fryer. I'd be tempted to get one, except costco membership is $45 and it's too far away that we'd use it for anything else, so that would be $84 for the fryer... I really need a bigger brew pot, grrr.

MAn, wish i had a costco membership im about 20 mins away from nashua:(

...... i do have quite a few homebrews...............

I had a costco membership onec upon a tie when I lived closer to one. Do they still do "trial" memberships? Like a limited are one time deal?

jayhoz said:

And no sales tax!!!!

JUST GOT IT!!!
Thanks for the heads up.

I went to home depot afterwards to look at copper for a chiller and happned to see their turkey fryers. The 30 quart was 79, i think aluminum too. NOw if copper wernt so damn expensive.

Man!! I can't find a deal like that anywhere around here! What would it take for you to buy two of those turkey fryers and put them up on Ebay "Buy it Now" for me. I would pay shipping of course!

I will see what i can do i beilve they had 20 left today, i dont have a mebership so i had to make a few calls and i found a freinds mom to go with me reaaly cant beat the price so ill look into it.

Cheesefood said:
Wow...mine was $80. They've really dropped the pricing.
Take it back and get your $40.00.
I thought it was a good deal at $80.00 but like you say, they have been dropping the price everytime I go in there. Methinks they are overstocked.

I can't find a 44Qt Stainless Steel turkey fryer for even $80. The only ones I have found have been well over $100. I did find a 30Qt from Academy Sports for $48 but I would much rather have an 11 gallon pot as opposed to a 7.5 gallon pot. Someone help me snag this deal!!

Sam's usually has really cheap one's too, all stainless. Only problem with the one that I have is that it even with the air intake open all the way you can't get enough in there and it doen't burn clean. I get black crap all over my pot when I'm done.

:off:

clayof2day said:
I get black crap all over my pot when I'm done.

Rub dish soap on the outside of your pot before using. Washes right off afterwards.

Old camping trick. :D

CollinsBrew said:
I can't find a 44Qt Stainless Steel turkey fryer for even $80. The only ones I have found have been well over $100. I did find a 30Qt from Academy Sports for $48 but I would much rather have an 11 gallon pot as opposed to a 7.5 gallon pot. Someone help me snag this deal!!
There has got to be a costco in Chattanooga. Go get a day pass and see if they have the turkey frier. If not, let me know. I will see what I can do for you. I may be down that way in the next couple of weeks.

There isn't a Costco even within two hours of here. The closest thing we have is a Sams Club and they don't have anything that even closely resembles a turkey fryer. My dad has a Costco membership in Orlando but has told me that he hasn't seen one there since before Christmas. If you're anywhere close to here I would definitely meet you to pick up two of them. I would also gladly buy them from you off of Ebay and pay shipping if we could work something like that out. I'd be extremely greatful!!

Not all Costco's have this deal. I have been to three in the past few days. Nashua, NH has them. Everett and Waltham, MA have a small number of $80 fryers.

Make sure your CostCo has them before you get a membership or make a long trip to one.

You'll have to ask tbulger. I didn't pick one up because I already had a fryer. I returned that one last night and plan on making the trip to Nashua to get this one soon.

i cant find my recept right now ill look when i go out to my truck, i think i ahve the box somewhere too should have the number on it, its the bayou classic stainless steel turkey fryer 44 qt. This is the number for costco in nashua, (603) 888-3640, might want to call to make sure they got them, or see if they will maybe ship to you guys out of state (prolly not though).

I got it at Academy sports. I think its a Texas only store. On a side note, My friend works there and was telling me that last year after thanksgiving they had tons of dented up SS pots that where just thrown away. So im hoping next year i will be able to get my hands on a few, for cheap or free. And it was the front door.

I checked my local Costco today and saw the 44 qt fryer for $59. Not a bad deal, but I'm thinking it should be the same price countrywide.

Any chance that they just have an old tag up, or do they change their prices from state to state?

I bought this setup for $59 at Costco and was told that the had just dropped it from $79 so I think it is a store by store basis. One draw back to this kit is that the pot has cheesy "bayou Classic" phrase punched into the sides of the pot. I don't mind though and actually get a kick out of it.:mug: I have been considering getting a second kit for a HLT.

just picked up a 30qt for $29 at academy.

i bought it for the burner but will use the whole kit for a crawfish boil soon.

Back