Cool Room A/C unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot recall the website, But I have been reading up on building a walk in cooler or cool room. One of the things they are most adamant about is to never ever ever use one of the portanle AC units like you have for this application.

I hope someday you'll join us...

Maybe this thread can bring awareness to the community about Brewers in my situation needing a brew room and for some reason or another cant seem to work with a window unit (noise, instillation issues, apartment dwellers).

And the world will live as one.

*Update*

Well, five months later and the Fermentation/ Cool Room is working great with jd3's advice in the beginning of the thread. Upped the BTU's to 13k and no stress on the machine, and got one that turns on/ off automatically when the room is cold enough, AND it cleans its own coils periodically.

Seriously, forget seasonal brewing! Cool your brewery with a portable a/c and brew whatever you want, whenever, and forget about temp changes in your fermentation area.

Portable a/c still going strong. 1bbl fermentors held within 5 degrees with ambient control. No Window Needed

Latest posts

Back