converted keggle/ march pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelay

Reaction score
I have just converted a keg and have a march pump, both never used. I can't wait to use them but how do you ocate the dip tube in the keggek?Been through the threads and so many opinions. Do I go to the center with a dip tube and false bottom? Or (my first thought was) try to stick to the side. I use pellets mostly and plan on recirc with the pump. Thanks

A recirc will likely form a cone in the middle. So it's be cheaper to just pick up from the side. A false bottom filter with center tube would still work though.

I use pellets mostly and plan on recirc with the pump. Thanks

I do this recirc thing. The March is not a powerhouse so you don't get a huge tornado inside the keggle. I am looking at some drill attachment to get a faster spin inside the keggle to have the hops/trub fall into the center. My dip tube is a tees out and picks up from both sides. I use a metal scrubby over both pickups as a filter.

Back