Controlling inventory with Beersmith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just figured it out last night. Just push the remove from inventory button on the tool bar when you have the recipe up. It will give you a warning if you don't have the ingredients from the recipe in your inventory.

Just figured it out last night. Just push the remove from inventory button on the tool bar when you have the recipe up. It will give you a warning if you don't have the ingredients from the recipe in your inventory.

The version I have will take off the recipe ingredients in order that they are listed, until it hits one that you don't.... After that, the ingredients you did have remain deducted from, and the ones after the problem are not deducted, resulting in a helluva mess.

I quit using Beersmith for inventory for that specific reason.

I use a spreadsheet instead: http://i52.tinypic.com/2cgbos1.jpg (let me know if y'all want it, I can email it free of charge!!)

M_C

I use a simple Excel spreadsheet and just manually deduct recipe ingredients from main inventory. I someone has a better inventory control system/spreadsheet, I would appreciate it.

Gracias,

Sheldon

You can't, unfortunately.

Of course you can. It's the big "Remove Inv" button in 2.0.

The version I have will take off the recipe ingredients in order that they are listed, until it hits one that you don't.... After that, the ingredients you did have remain deducted from, and the ones after the problem are not deducted, resulting in a helluva mess.

That is fixed in 2.0. It now has a popup that says:

"These items were not found or had to [sic] few items in inventory:
Ingredient XXX
Would you like to continue removing items that were found?"

Back