Controlling Hot Fermentations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexKay

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a bunch of information out there, but I wanted to canvas forum-users to see if there’s a particular solution that worked particularly well.

What set-up would you use for heating-only temperature control? My chest freezers are full of ales or lagers, and I’d like to run a separate batch with saison yeast, or kveik, or Philly sour. So we’re talking 80 F and up; no need for cooling from ambient. I’m thinking a heating mat wrapped around the fermenter, maybe, and then … wrapped in reflectix? Blanket? Where to attach the temperature probe, and whether to use an Inkbird or something else? Specific recommendations for products would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I've used a cheap heat belt with an inkbird to both do hot fermentation and make jogurt. Seems to work better with stainless steel container. What type of fermenter are you using?

Latest posts

Back