Contamination issue...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewfill

Reaction score
I am a newbie at brewing. Made my first batch of American wheat and all seemed well. It has been in bottle for about 10 days and I cracked one open to find that the taste was very light and slightly dull. Before priming it and bottling I tasted and thought it was on point, could it just not be conditioned properly? Also have a brown ale in the fermenter. It has developed a slight film on top after about 10 days and the krausen has fallen. Am I looking at an infection/contamination issue? If so what should I do? Continue with secondary and bottle to see where it goes or discard and make a new batch? Any help would be appreciated!!

Wait longer on the bottle conditioning for the wheat. 3 weeks min is a good rule to go by. As for the brown we will need to see photos before any educated opinion could possibly be given.

Great! thanks for the info. here is the photo of the film on top of the brown ale in the primary. I think I will move it to secondary if its ok and not contaminated. let me know what you think

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Back