Connecting Collar to Freezer Lid Conditions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueVassar

Reaction score
Alright, I am about to use liquid nails to attach the collar to the freezer lid. It seems like liquid nails takes a week to fully dry so here's my question: Is it possible for me to set up the kegerator and fire it up (or, in this case, cool it down) and keep some heavy objects on it for a week so I can enjoy the beer inside while the liquid nails sets? I usually have it set at 40, would that be too cold for it to form a good bond?

I tried searching through the threads but couldn't find this addressed. Thanks!

RogueVassar said:
Alright, I am about to use liquid nails to attach the collar to the freezer lid. It seems like liquid nails takes a week to fully dry so here's my question: Is it possible for me to set up the kegerator and fire it up (or, in this case, cool it down) and keep some heavy objects on it for a week so I can enjoy the beer inside while the liquid nails sets? I usually have it set at 40, would that be too cold for it to form a good bond?

I tried searching through the threads but couldn't find this addressed. Thanks!

I've found that liquid glue works at 40 degrees and up so ill leave it unplugged overnight then plug it in at 40 and not touch the collar for a week but otherwise enjoying its contents.

Back