Conical Cleaning/Sanitation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kproudfoot

Reaction score
I have a spike stainless steel conical. Trying to figure out when is the best time to sanitize it. Currently after I am done fermenting I take it all apart cleaned it put it back together and then stick it in the corner until I’m ready to use it again. Then I take it all apart sanitize it and put it all back together. Is that necessary can I sanitize it the first time seal everything up and maybe shoot some CO2 into it? It’s usually not empty for more than a couple weeks I just hate to keep taking it apart put it back together because there’s so many attachments.

Just curious what everyone else does. I know I Deleigh I would tag my beer clean it sanitize it put it back together immediatley put beer into it but that’s not always an option

After i clean mine, I store the pieces and parts in a box until I'm ready to brew again.

So wheres the punch line ;)

Seriosly though, I put some starsan inside of mine after cleaning usually filling just past the valves. Then before use I drain and spray new starsan onto the whole inside surface and drain just before filling.. never had an issue doing it this way.

Latest posts

Back