Concerns building a wooden brew stand with two gas burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadewegner

Reaction score
I'd like to build a wooden brew stand and use the two Blichmann floor burners I currently own. Attached is a very quick sketch with the burners highlighted in the red rectangle.

I'm concerned about the potential danger of the burners sitting on what's essentially a wooden bench.

I've searched the forum a bit to see what people have done, and I see people using cement board & metal to cover the entire bench surface area. In anyone's experience, is this enough to protect from fires and other dangers?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and/or recommendations.

imgo.jpg

On homebrewtalk they sometimes have SS tables surprisingly cheap. I am always uncomfortable with wood brew stands and high BTU burners.

I have a brew table made from wood and I covered mine with thin sheet metal that I had laying around. I primed the bottom of it before attaching then used paste wax on the exposed surface to prevent rusting. I could have painted the top but I like the look of shinny metal. I have had no issues with this method

Me and my friends went to a tile store and bought 450mm x 450mm ceramic tiles that you would use to tile floors with. those hold the heat well and you could place it under the burner directly on the wood surface. you could even stick the tile down with grout if you really wanted.

I used a kab 6 on my 3 tier stand. It started turning the wood dark so I rivetted two square pieces of alunimum flashing together and put it under the burner.

Latest posts

Back