Completely Natural Strawberry Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BedroomBrewer

Reaction score
I just picked about 3 kilos of strawberries today. I am interested in using about 2 kilos to make a small batch of strawberry wine. I also am trying to do it all natural. I have heard that chopped up bananas and apples can be used as yeast nutrients. And the green section of a papaya can be used in place of pectin enzymes. Has anyone heard other natural pectin enzyme products? Also, has anyone tried something similar and have any advise about possible problems?

Cheers,
Andrew Braunstein

It would not be strictly strawberry wine anymore but substituting some of your sugar/honey for grape concentrate or fresh grape juice should help keep your yeast happy. Either 1 can reconstituted or a quart of fresh juice should do fine.

You may need to cold stabalized your wine to help it clear once fermented dry. On the hard lemonade thread, someone mentioned hibiscus flowers had a clarifying effect.

Mgonbrewlab,
Thank you for the response. Do you know of anything that could be substituted for grape juice? I have a weird allergy to grapes.

Back