complete fermentation in 3 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingi

Reaction score
I brewed a Cream Ale Friday night. By the next day, my blowoff was going crazy. Now 3 days later, not a bubble. Could fermentation be completed that quickly? Here's the recipe:

5# American Pale Malt
3.3# Light LME
12oz Honey Malt
4oz Biscuit Malt

.75oz Willamette (60min)
.25oz Willamette (15min)

1tsp Irish moss (15min)

Safale us-05

No hops?
Even though there my not be much of any bubbling fermentation and all that is involved with it is still happening. You can check your gravity readings to make sure, but I suggest letting it sit at least 2 weeks.

Like Kilted Brewer said - there's only one way to know it's done - and that way does not involve the airlock in any fashion. The only thing that the airlock shows is "vigorous" fermentation - there may still be slower fermentation going on that isn't spewing much CO2.

Check it with the hydrometer.

It might have completed most of the fermentation by now, but I would wait another 7 days and then check the gravity. 3 days is too soon to do anything with it anyway, even if it is finished fermenting. Give those yeast a chance to clean up.

Latest posts

Back