• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Commercial Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshine22

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been doing some digging on Craigslist, FBmarket, and on here. I'm in search of a commercial kegerator. Preferably lightly used, Bev-air or True brand. Open to others as well. Looking in the DC, NoVA, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New Jersey area. Thanks!

Kyle

I bought one new at Home Depot, I got 24 months no interest on my HD credit card so was a no brainer for me. some may not want to do that but I wanted the warranty and such.

mine is the Kegco 2460

tn375_XCK-2460B-3-sized011615090433052616105441.jpg

i Don’t know how soon your timeframe is, or if Richmond is outside of your travel area, but if you are patient you can keep snooping RCI. They are restaurant liquidators. No current auction. Richmond area is one of the slower locations. Can usually get some pretty smoking deals on commercial equipment.

https://www.rciauctions.com/cgi-bin/mmarcview.cgi?rci
I’ve been stalking the restaurant auctions north of Richmond, closer to DC and MD and there are 1 or 2, but most of them are huge and really beat up. It’s hard to pass up how cheap they can be bought there but some of them are really beat.

I bought one new at Home Depot, I got 24 months no interest on my HD credit card so was a no brainer for me. some may not want to do that but I wanted the warranty and such.

mine is the Kegco 2460

tn375_XCK-2460B-3-sized011615090433052616105441.jpg
Thanks for the reply! Any difference in kegco brand vs bev air vs true? Buying new is a little out of my price range but I will keep an eye out

Thanks for the reply! Any difference in kegco brand vs bev air vs true? Buying new is a little out of my price range but I will keep an eye out

Kegco is a brand made by the Beverage Factory I was told but have not researched it to verify. All the research that I did do was mostly positive from what I saw. when talking to the reps at Kegco they were very helpful but I don't think you can go wrong on which brand you choose.

My only advice would be to research on who would service said brand in your area should you need it.

Kegco is a brand made by the Beverage Factory I was told but have not researched it to verify. All the research that I did do was mostly positive from what I saw. when talking to the reps at Kegco they were very helpful but I don't think you can go wrong on which brand you choose.

My only advice would be to research on who would service said brand in your area should you need it.

Thanks for the post. I am mostly familiar with Beverage-air and True, but I guess I am open to others as well. I know I am pretty close to a servicer. Biggest problem is finding one in my budget that isn't 20+ years old. The one you have a pretty large for my size apartment. I'm hoping to have one of the standard ones and put a T tower on it.

Thanks for the post. I am mostly familiar with Beverage-air and True, but I guess I am open to others as well. I know I am pretty close to a servicer. Biggest problem is finding one in my budget that isn't 20+ years old. The one you have a pretty large for my size apartment. I'm hoping to have one of the standard ones and put a T tower on it.
Have you thought about a Keezer build? Either chest or upright? You can get a new freezer pretty cheap or a used one for almost nothing.
Then,you build to suit your needs.
One plus- unless you get a nice model with forced air cooling, the first 4 ounces or so of beer will be warm. With a keezer it is almost always a cold draw no matter how long it has been sitting.
Just a thought.
I bought a standard kegerator and regretted it almost immediatly. Finally built my dream keezer with an upright model.

I have had a couple of kegerators now, here are some tips that I learned from my own and some friends.

My first kegerator was a converted chest freezer I bought new. I glued a cut to size piece of plywood to the top with liquid nails. (worked like a charm) I did that cause I wanted a draft tower. The PITA part was lifting 15 gal kegs over edge and down. But this is a cheap option for having multiple taps and room to store

My brother in law bought a kegerator on a black friday sale at one of the big box stores. He only paid a couple of hundred bucks for and soon found out why. The regulator, taps and faucets all had to be replaced cause the ones that came with it sucked. The fridge part was good, but once he re-did it all he was right where he would have been had bought a better one. He still has it 5 years later.

Cheap new option is a keezer of fridge conversion done right.

If you buy a regular purpose made kegerator be careful of too good to be true price, but you probably knew that already.

Cheers!

I’ve been stalking the restaurant auctions north of Richmond, closer to DC and MD and there are 1 or 2, but most of them are huge and really beat up. It’s hard to pass up how cheap they can be bought there but some of them are really beat.

If you looking near philly check out PCI Auctions. They have a warehouse near Lancaster (Mannheim) and I’ve seen the Beverage-Aire multiple times in their listings and going for a few hundred.

Back