Commercial Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akroessler

Reaction score
Forgive me if I put this in the wrong section.
I am trying to buy a 72” Avantco 4 tap kegerator. And it’s only available for commercial applications for “safety reasons”. Does anyone know where I can get a large residential unit like that? I am unsure how there is a safety issue, they use they same NEMA 15P plugs, with the same refrigerant as standard house fridges. But the only home kegerators I’m finding are just simply not big enough. Anyone have any solutions?

This is the unit I’m tying to buy.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/av...nser-black-3-1-2-keg-capacity/178UDD72HC.html

Hey, I know this is kind of an old post, but I am wondering if you just went ahead and told them that you were going to have it in a commercial environment and were just shipping it to your house. In other words, you lied. They have to send out the disclaimer (that I just got when trying to purchase a similar unit) because of residential building code, etc. Looking to find someone that actually has one of these beasts installed in their house or business and can comment on noise. That's all I care about. Thanks!

IMG_1304.JPG

I have a True and A Beverage Air, both are in the garage, the True is a good bit louder than the Beverage Air, but I'm certain, that the compressor has been replaced, possibly not the correct one. But new units are quiet enough for the house.

I have a true tdd4 that I picked up off craigslist years ago no reason you cant have one I your house but they are noisy and use a good bit of electricity. Just make sure you service it regularly, they can be expensive to repair. The only issue I had was finding someone that would even work on it when the compressor went out, the residential repair guys wont touch it and the commercial repair guys only want to work with a business.

Thanks for the feedback guys!! I was reading the specs and the compressor is only a 1/5 hp version....that's the same as my fridge, so I'm hoping it's not as loud as I'm envisioning. Thanks again

Back