Commercial Beverage Cooler -> Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoop89

Reaction score
Has anyone converted one of these to a kegerator? I know I saw a couple full size coolers on here but have not seen any examples of this type. I can fit five pinlocks on the floor and have room for a shelf of bottles on top. Just want to see some examples of them dressed up and where people have put the taps. Seems like the only logical place would be one of the sides with both the front and back having glass doors.

Picked up this winter because the price was right(free) and now I am ready to upgrade from my 2-tap kegerator to something bigger.

cooler.jpg

*Not mine, just a pic I grabbed off google.

Are you going to have access from front and back? If so..., you could remove doors on “front side” , insulate a wooden front with taps, and load from behind.

I like that idea. Still trying to figure out where to place it as well. My intial idea was to just use it as a cooler and run taps through a wall but my bar is built on an exterior wall so it doesnt share any wall space with another room.

With your idea I could almost turn it into a "cabinet" and dress up the sides as well with wood.

Latest posts

Back