Commercial beer that have clear grain bills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelon83

Reaction score
I recently had a beer at the Founders bar that was clearly made with Golden Promise. I am curious if anyone else has any other beers that stand as clear examples of a particular grain taste.

If you are talking about Mosaic Promise, I have had that too. I didn't care for it that much. Not sure if it was the malt or the hops or both.

I'm not generally that good at identifying specific grain flavors. It's something that I have wanted to work on for some time. Maybe it's time to sit down with a few beers using different malts and do side-by-side taste comparisons?

If you are talking about Mosaic Promise, I have had that too. I didn't care for it that much. Not sure if it was the malt or the hops or both.

I'm not generally that good at identifying specific grain flavors. It's something that I have wanted to work on for some time. Maybe it's time to sit down with a few beers using different malts and do side-by-side taste comparisons?

I loved Mosaic Promise. So much that I made the SMASH I currently have on tap after it. I thought it was a one time beer (for a charity or something). Am I mistaken?

Toppling Goliath Delores' New World Lager, to my taste at least, was clearly Pilsner mashed on the warmish side.

ETA: And with the massive abundance of Oktoberfest beers out there, I've gotten pretty good at identifying which ones have caramel malts in them and the couple that appear to have roast or something in them, probably for color.

Yes it was Mosaic Promise. I had it in a flight. Didn't hate it, but it tasted like something I could possibly repeat, so I opted for Curmudgeon instead.

Back