come here for me first time brewin beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathbrew

Reaction score
hows it goin guys?
i come here today because i decided to make a brew and looked online and found this site yippee :ban: made up some coopers real ale in a 55 gal drum and a 300 watt aqauarium heater its me first time brewin anything so lets see how she goes :) the yeast is possibly dead since its over its best before date but i was told to wait 2 days and if the bubblein dont start go down the shop and get some more yeast! well guys thanks for lettin me sign up hope to make some new friends on here and learn some new things

cheers :mug:

You will have faster starts and better fermentations if you rehydrate the dry yeast before pitching. The manufacturers web site has the information on how to properly rehydrate their yeast. Pitching the yeast dry will kill up to half the cells. Pitch the right amount of yeast for the volume you are brewing.
No matter what the recipe says, your beer will not be ready in 4 to 6 days.

55 gallon drum??

Yea big drum for my big gut :cross: Cheers for the above post :) tomorrow we shall move this beer to the second barrel and let it settle for a while then carbonate and place the kegs in my newly made beer fridge just cut a hole in the front door and siliconed a beer tap in :drunk:

Just moved from the first to second chamber had a little taste and it was pretty good i must say will wait till its carbed and cooled until i make my final conclusion tomorrow i shall go get some bleach to clean the kegs and get some new lines for me beer tap as they are pretty much chooked up with white hard residue for now i must wait :)

Edit: kegging and carbing today! il let you know how everything goes!

Latest posts

Back