Colorado Brews:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddup_is_a_middup

Reaction score
My roommate is in Denver right know partying it up, while I'm back here working. He said he could pick me up some beers that you just cant find here in Columbia, Missouri. Do you gurus have any suggestions? Any style is good, but I really want some good pales and IPAs for a club tasting coming up.

Thanks.

Fiddup

Another big +1 for Maharaja. Also from Avery, the New World Porter is worth trying, as although it's dark in color, it's more like a black IPA than a conventional porter. It's a very nice beer, as is their regular IPA. Avery also do some great strong beers (they're called Samael, Mephisto and a third one I can't remember, all around 15% ABV or up). I had a bottle of Samael when I was there, and although it was a great beer, it would have been even better if it had been aged a year or three.

[EDIT:] If your roommate can get to Daveco Liquors, just to the north of Denver, he should be able to get pretty much any beer you want.

I notice Oskar Blues is not distributed in MO. You might want to have your room mate pick up some of their products. Dale's Pale Ale is my goto PA. Mama's Little Yella Pils is FANTASTIC. GORDON is expensive but is a very good Imperial Red Ale. Ten Fiddy is even more expensive but is one of the best Imperial Stouts around. All available only in cans and just about everywhere in CO.

Modus Hoperandi has been recently released by SKA Brewing of Durango. I had one recently on draft at Trinity Brewing In Colorado Springs. This is a very nice IPA. Their Special E. S. B. is another good choice. These two are also available canned.

Your room mate might want to visit some of the brewpubs in Denver and bring you back some growlers. There are some great beers being produced by the likes of Dry Dock Brewing and Bull and Bush that don't bottle.

New Belgium LaFolie- Flanders red sour. Unobtainable in most places.
Pliney the Elder of Russian River, CA is sold in Denver, might be your only shot at it.

+1 on Wayne's suggestions as those are all cans and very easy to transport.

As far as brewpubs, don't forget the Wynkoop. Been brewing longer than any brewpub in CO and still producing some damn fine beers.

+1 agree on everything above
breckenridge 471 ipa (small batch)
boulder beer hazed and infuzed
great divide's old ruffian is an incredible american barleywine - not pale, but very hoppy

Not sure if it is too late, but I was a big fan of the Great Divide St. Bridget's Porter....A different porter than what I usually find out there and very drinkable. (Aren't they all!).

Back